Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Should I get another Cat?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM
maggie23
Cool Cat

these are heartbreaking stories. it just kills me when any cat is surrendered because of a new addition to the family.

Alex, if you really just want to test the waters for future possibilities, then perhaps you can foster a cat from a local no-kill shelter if they approve you for it before the really big changes come for him. Fostering is so rewarding. Many cats just need a week or 2 out of the shelter environment for many reasons including stress, recovery from a URI, awaiting dental surgery, being on "bite quarantine", etc... and as long as it's a no-kill shelter, you'll know that really you're doing everyone a huge favor by just being able to give a foster a nice home and family for a little while before they go back to the shelter to be put up for adoption again. I always keep that possibility open for my own cat - if he happens to really like someone I bring home, I will seriously consider adopting that foster as well. but it's a great way to see just HOW your cat reacts to other cats and if he might enjoy having a pal around or not in the future.

Maggie & Phoebe
Kitty, Lucy Girl, Bobby Boy, and my sweet Angel forever in my heart.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by marie73; 06-20-2017 at 03:22 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome