Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Moving senior cat
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
larsan
Tom Cat

Question Moving senior cat

Our daughter has a senior male, about 13-14 years old. He has poor health and they were told 2 years ago he probably only had a year left to live. About 1-1/2 years ago they got 2 male litter mates to add to the family. They all get along great. Chuckie, the senior cat mostly eats, sleeps and moves from place to place.

Our daughter is going through a divorce and our s-I-l is being nasty about everything. He is now saying she has to take Chuckie to her new apartment. We think that moving from the only house Chuck has ever lived in, separating from his buddies, having who knows what new smells, just the overall upheaval will be bad for him. He is used to almost always having a lap available from our daughter, s-I-l or grandson...rarely was everyone gone at the same time. Now he will be left alone in a strange environment while she works, with no buddies. The reason he is giving for this move is that he shouldn’t have to have the added expense.

I’m just looking for advice on this. Yes, she can have him and she does have the room with some rearranging and figuring out the all important litter box placement. We are mainly concerned about what this change will do to his overall health and well-being.

Mom to Abby & Gizmo

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome