Cat Forum banner

Cinderella's First Anniversary

2K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  jessamica8 
#1 ·
I can't believe it's been a whole year! I got her the day after Mother's Day last year. I saw an ad on Craigslist and thought she was pretty, so I was just going to look at her. The guy said Cinderella's two "stepsisters" were jealous of her beauty so she needed a new home where she was the only cat. I got there and discovered she had first been his cat, then his and his wife's, then his ex-wife's, then his mother's, now is back with him, but locked in his spare bathroom because she wouldn't share a litterbox. She'd been in the bathroom (I found out later) for 9 months. All of these homes were filled with other cats and dogs.

I know a lot of people know this story, so I apologize for repeating myself.

I didn't want her, either. Just from holding her for a few minutes, I was covered with her hair. She was terrified of lights and sound. I kept telling him I would think about it and if I decided to take her, I would come back on Friday so we could have the whole weekend to bond (plus, I was totally unprepared to bring a cat home!). All he talked about the entire time I was there was his other cats and all the cute tricks they did, etc., etc. I asked if Cinderella knew her name, and he said probably not, he doesn't really talk to her. :evil: I was leaving and I just couldn't let him put her back in that awful bathroom. So I took her, figuring I could find a better home for her. I yelled at myself all the way home for being such a pushover (and she was crying the entire time in the car - NOT helping!). But by the end of the night, she was on my bed with me and in my heart. :luv

I've never had a kitten, but this is what she must have looked like (same breed and coloring):

Who could look at this face and keep it locked up?

She would try to make herself invisible by closing her eyes. :D

But she adopted my new table (and round "thing") the first night I got it. She considered it quite rude when I woke her up.

But she eventually made herself at home. She loves it when I cover her with something right out of the dryer.

She wasn't happy about the move to a new place, but it was so much bigger, and she has her own room (this isn't it).

Seriously not too pleased to share me with the new kitty.

But they're working it out.

And this was last night - sleeping in the chair next to my computer chair. :D

I couldn't have done any of this without everyone on this Forum. Thank you so much - this really IS the best Forum ever! :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Aww, thank you! I can't even imagine going home to an empty house. How did I do that for so many years? 8O

#4 ·
That's such a sweet story, and reinforces what I believe, that given a chance, a cat has an uncanny ability to capture the heart of the person who's destined to give it a good home. And you know, I'm not just saying that, because remember that cats chose to live with humans, it wasn't the other way around. :)

#5 ·
Thanks - and you should know, Tim, you're one of the mostly recently "captured." :D

#7 ·
Has it really for real been a year, already??? Wow, it just doesn't seem like it. But Cinderella has come along soooo much. And she is just as lovely as ever. I remember laughing out loud at her snoozing in the "round thing", and how we had a little debate as to what the "round thing" actually was :lol:

Happy "gotcha day" Cinderella, you purty little thing you :love2 :worship :love2

#8 ·
Thanks, Judy and Mike! I can't imagine life without her. :D

(And I still don't know what the round thing is!) :lol:

#16 ·
Thank you, Christina, Megan and Lisa!

And, Des, I have to say that Cinderella rescued me, too! :luv

#17 ·
I didn't know your story either, so thanks for sharing it. I love hearing stories like that -- where people really knocked themselves out to help a kitty and ultimately it worked. I really hate the thought of her locked in a bathroom for 9 months, as I'm sure you do. Think of how good she has it now!

#18 ·
Yup, she has it pretty good now! :lol:

The hardest thing was getting her off crack. The guy was actually feeding her tuna. The kind of tuna WE eat! :roll:

#21 ·
Thank you! You can see why I'm such a tiger in defending her. :luv

#23 ·
Awwww I did not know the whole story! Sweet Cinderella got VERY lucky that day... I can't believe how dumb and cruel people can be with their pets :x

Such a sweet little face too :love2

#26 ·
Bethany said:
Mmm... this IS a cat we're talking about. I'm sure she considers all the worship she gets to be nothing but her just due..
I see you've met Cinderella. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.