Black light question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Black light question

Ok I got Nature's Miracle and have been using it on my rug where I know the cat peed. Then when we brought in the new kitty from outside - my cats began peeing everywhere!! So I have treated every place I thought they peed with Nature's Miracle.

Then I went and got a black light (didn't have time to before) and am shining it everywhere and can't see if they've peed anywhere else. Would it come up as a black spot under the black light? This black light mostly just picks up everywhere that cat hair is hidden!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned

Do you have a strong enough black light? If you using a battery-powered "Stink-Finder" I think they're pretty worthless. Get yourself an 18 inch or larger undercabinet flourescent light fixture with a power cord and a blacklight tube to fit same. I did that and it really lights up anything that's going to glow.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=414954#414954

Urine should have a yellow-green glow. I'm slightly color-deficient, so maybe it looks a little different to you. Oh, and the room has to be completely dark.

Everything else nasty shows up, too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-27-2007, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

I got the "Nature's Miracle" black light that is like 15-18 inches long. I am not sure the length - it's like the hood to my 10 inch aquarium - about the same size that is.

I just don't see any cat pee anywhere - - maybe that's a good sign????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Banned

It sounds like a good sign. Although my experience was that cat pee is difficult to find, especially when there's other stains on the carpet the blacklight is picking up. Usually the shape gives it away.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-28-2007, 08:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I tried it again last night when it was completely dark - still - no stains found. I saw just tiny specks of white everywhere from lint and cat hair - but nothing bigger than a speck - so no pools of cat pee anywhere. I guess I am lucky. LOL I just freak out about making sure my apartment stays clean. My landlord HATES cats but has allowed me to keep what I have on the condition that my apartment does not begin to smell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page