Reilly's meds were put on our insurance @ Pharmacy! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Reilly's meds were put on our insurance @ Pharmacy!

What should we do?

Do I take the sack/paperwork back to the pharmacy? Can they remove the BC/BS insurance charge and let me pay the proper full price?
Do I let it slide as the pharmacy's mistake?

I just don't want this to come back and bite me on my sit-down.

Rei's vet gave us a prescription for him to be filled at a pharmacy. We went to our own... The girl looked a little funny at the prescrip paper, I guess because it was green and not white, and we explained it was from our vet, for our cat. We left my name and our phone number to call us if they had any questions and we returned several hours later to pick it up. We made additional purchases so I didn't pay attention to the cost of the medicine. We were only charged a co-pay amount.

After I got home and had already used the product on Reilly...I noticed they had put the medicine in my name and charged our insurance, though Dr Wise was named as the Dr. I'm sure SHE isn't in our plan of approved Doctors.

Funny, or what?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Tom Cat

Haha! That's funny. I think it would be too much of a mess to go back to the pharmacy. They've probably already sent the claim to your insurance company. I would just wait for the insurance company to process the claim, realize there's no Reilly on your plan, and then send you the bill for the rest of the amount. I think if you called someone at BCBS, they would just get all kinds of confused and it would end up being a bigger mess.... at least that's they way things have been for me in the past.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Premier Cat

I was a bit naughty once.
I got two prescriptions for myself, but had to come back later that day for one of the medicines. I took the one the had, offered to pay but the lass said to pay when I came back.

I came back later that evening, different lass on the till. Collected the other medicine. In big capital letters on the prescription note is "Needs to pay for 2x prescriptions."
Well she only charged me for the one, I wasn't really thinking about it until I got home and saw the writing on the prescription note.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Cat Addict

ha, you lucked out. I have asked my vet in the past to make the script out for me for that exact reason. She said she could not do that, and I understand. All of my kitty scripts clearly say (FELINE) right on the bottle.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ann-
...wait for the insurance company to process the claim, realize there's no Reilly on your plan...
BUT...it has my name on the bottle, not Rei's...I don't think the insurance company will catch it UNLESS they are able to note that Dr Wise is a DVM and not an MD.
I'm just gong to let it go. The difference is only $10.00 anyways and it sounds like it is more trouble than it is worth.
Still, it IS pretty funny!
h

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Cat

I have a BIG bottle of stool softener with the name Karie "CAT" on it for my cat Squirt.

The new vet tech had written the prescription in MY name instead of Squirt's. My vet, who is also a friend of mine, thought it was HILARIOUS, so he just laughed and gave me the prescription to fill.
At Wal-Mart I told them "yeah, the cat's name is Karie" (cause if I said it wasn't, I figured they weren't going to fill it.)

I am glad I paid with cash and not my check card, or else I would have had to say, "um, well, I named the cat after myself!"

Karie and crew
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Tom Cat

[quote=Heidi n Q]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "-Ann-":3gi3imie
...wait for the insurance company to process the claim, realize there's no Reilly on your plan...
BUT...it has my name on the bottle, not Rei's...I don't think the insurance company will catch it UNLESS they are able to note that Dr Wise is a DVM and not an MD.
I'm just gong to let it go. The difference is only $10.00 anyways and it sounds like it is more trouble than it is worth.
Still, it IS pretty funny!
h[/quote:3gi3imie]

Ohhh, I missed that part. My mind is gone these days.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Premier Cat

I would call the pharmacy and see if they can fix it. If not, you will need to call the insurance company. Never make the insurance company mad.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Tom Cat

I would send a nice fax to the Insurance Co informing them of the mistake and asking how much you owe them. Keep the record of the transmission and let the insurance co figure it out. If they are anything like mine, it’ll disappear in the bureaucracy you’ll never hear a peep. They usually can’t figure out how to handle there own forms much less a nice hand written note.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I went in on Monday and got it taken care of. He removed it from the insurance thing and I paid the extra difference. Now the bottle is correctly labeled and we won't get in trouble w/ the insurance co.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page