Olive oil? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Olive oil?

Mango loves olives. Last night we were making homemade pizza and we use olive oil in the bottom of the pan. Mango snuck up and started licking the olive oil off the pan. I then put some on my finger and he licked that too! If he ever gets constipated, I will just give him olive oil!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Cat Addict

I use olive oil to season my cast iron, and I usually just leave it on the stovetop, but a few months ago I started noticing strange markings on my beautiful Wagner 1891 patina, also cathairs stuck to the skillet. Then one night I caught Anika on the stove licking the skillet intensely. I had to start putting it away because in addition to the olive oil, there is 10,000 meals worth of garlic, onions, salt and other spices in the iron which I did not think would be good for her. ( to anyone that thinks thats nasty, you do not wash cast iron cookware, at least not if you know what your doing)

This particular cat also LOVES bacon drippings

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
( to anyone that thinks thats nasty, you do not wash cast iron cookware, at least not if you know what your doing)
Never ever? If so, you learn something new everyday!

Does your cat also like bacon drippings that have dried white into the pan? My friends cat likes it, that's pretty gross
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Cat Addict

yup, I used to keep a small tin of bacon grease on top of the stove, the little nut would eat the whole dang thing. Paw prints, tongue trails, and bacon grease everywhere. I told my vet about it, she said to watch out because many cats have an adverse reaction to pork and most wont touch it, but not my Anika, she llloooooovvvesss it.

Thats why you never see any catfoods that are 'pork' flavored.

and back to the iron thing, I have not washed my iron skillet since 1989.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Premier Cat

Not even rinsed in water?? LOL that is a looong time
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Cat

my mom had an old cast iron thing well i went to worm it up to make pancakes on it and forgot about it needless to say i burnt it up a bit so we scraped it off washed it and it hasn't been the same do you know how we can make it better? luckily i have learned to never leave anything out in the kitten so i never have to worry about my cats eating anything like that although i did have a cat eat a whole loaf of bread once.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My mother in law always wanted us to have one, but not cleaning it?? Not me! I know things taste great in it, I wonder why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page