I am SOOOO angry! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I am SOOOO angry!

I am part of an online blogging community and one of the users I 'subscribe' to adopted two kittens abot 6 months ago.

Apparently one of the kittens is throughly naughty and knows precisely what to do with her little teeth and claws. This user has a little girl - toddler - -and the kitten scratched her face which meant the kitten had to go.

I understand the concern and would not have blamed the user for finding a new home for the kitten.

But she hasn't.

Instead - in her most recent journal posting she describes dumping the kitten in a public park and driving away. Her reasoning behind it being that she believes a cat like that is better outdoors on its own anyway and can fend for itself.

Words fail me. This cat is barely 8 months old and now is frightened and hungry.

I hope its rescued from the park soon and is given a new safe home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Premier Cat

Grrrr, how could a person do that and go home and look at their children?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM

*shakes head* that is really sad.
It was an incident like that how I got one of my jack russells. A friend of mine saw a jack russell wandering around the mall parking lot, with duct tape on him and written on it was: I need a home.
Of course they took him, and he ended up having a bit of fun with their female jack russell, and that is how i got Corbyn!

Very sad thing when people do this. People in the military are leaving their pets behind all the time. They get pets, and then just leave them when they move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Premier Cat

She shouldn't be able to keep the other kitten either! First of all a Toddler should not be left alone with a kitten. If she was supervising them, it probably wouldn't have happened. And, quite honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. Kids get bumped, bruised and scratched all the time, one little scratch is no reason to abandon a helpless kitten alone in a park.

I sure hope her toddler doesn't go through a biting or hitting stage like many do...what would she do then? Bring her child to the same park?

Do you know where she did this? What town? What park? Maybe one of us lives locally?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Cat

This is HORRIBLE! I have a toddler . . .the cats are great with her but she MUST be supervised with them.

If the cat/scratched once, I have a feeling the toddler was being a toddler, and the cat got scared. It does not mean it would be a permanent thing.

And dropping it off-- oh my. No words.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma
If the cat/scratched once, I have a feeling the toddler was being a toddler, and the cat got scared. It does not mean it would be a permanent thing.
That's what I was thinking too. Pookie did not like my daughter much during the toddler phase, and she was scratched a couple of times. I never considered it a big deal. I made sure my daughter left the cat alone, and now they are fine. Pookie sleeps with her most nights. That is a pretty young cat too. In my experience, they settle down quite a bit.

Dumping the cat out like that is terrible. I hope it is at least spayed/neutered. I'd hate for it to end up like Muffin, pregnant and with parasites. I wonder if it can even find food after being fed by someone for eight months?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

She lives in Batavia, Ohio ,Cincinnati and I believe she said she dumped the cat in a National Park.

I wrote a suitable (but calm) response to her posting suggesting she find the kitten and keeps it until it can be found an alternative home. And she has taken me off her 'friends' list.

Unfortunately I can't go back to her site to check out any more details because I can't read most of her journal anymore.

Anyway. Does anyone know what park she might be referring too?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Banned

That is so sad . I hope the kitten finds a good home with someone.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Cat Addict

I looked up Batavia on a map, and there is a state park very close to there. I'm assuming thats where the poor kitten ended up.

Poor little baby. Thankfully its summer, and the state parks are usually pretty busy with people. Hopefully some kind hearted soul will find her before the local wildlife or some mean spirited kids do.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 05:32 AM

Wow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page