Only one will fetch.

Any tips? What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

You think you have dogs.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
IAN

Here's Rusty, he's the smart one. Notice how alert and attentive he is.

Here's Zachie, He's real laid back, almost a lump of coal, not much gets him excited except paw time and laser lights.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

They're adorable!

I had a kitty who would play fetch, but Cinderella is pretty much like Zachie - it's mostly the laser lights that get her going. And a feather toy, surprisingly, lately. I think having Cleo around (new cat) is bringing out her playfulness more.

Where's your third cat?

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned

Such smart kitties
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
IAN

I don't have a picture of the 3rd cat on this computer. We adopted her about 1 1/2 years ago. Girly came from a home where she didn't get a lot of personal attention and was left to fend for herself. The previous owner would feed all 7 or 8 cats with one bowl, so one of the transitions was to break her of such uncontrollable excitement at feeding time and prevent her from stealing the others food. Each Cat has it's own plate and the rules are that each one can only eat what is on their plate. It took her a while to learn where it was OK to jump up and where it is forbidden. She responds to the word down, but always gives me lip service, whereas the other 2 just need a stern look.

Girly was interesting because she is hyper with a short attention span, so training her was not easy, but she has slowly adapted and is now a loving member of the Cat pack.

Zachie is like your Cat, loves feathers and laser lights. He's the oldest of the 3 ( 8 yrs) and behaves like he has a dignified pedigree. He always watching when the others play, like the fat kid who was left out, but he will never miss a thing.

Rusty , is my favorite and the pack leader. We adopted him as a kitten ( now 6 yrs old) and he's been a riot ever since. He used to terrorize our cleaning lady. Everytime she would leave a pail of water in the kitchen he would sneak up and tip it over. He would also hide under the bed and attack her ankles while she was making the bed.
He has a lot of personality, playfull, yet mushy enough to be a cuddle cat.

All 3 (2 males 1 female)get along very well and we have no cat fights

I'm really a dog person and never owned a cat before I got married 13 years ago, so it's been a learning experience for me and I have enjoyed cat ownership every day since.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Well, welcome to the Forum! I sort of unexpectedly brought Cinderella home a year ago without knowing a THING about owning cats, and this place has been my haven ever since!

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
IAN

I got Rusty to bring companionship for Zachie and to bring him out of his shell. It worked to some extent , but when we got Girly, he came out of the closet and now socializes when family and friends are over. I think the extra competition and Girly's aggressiveness is what did it.

Your Cinderella looks like a long haired Persian? Do you take her to the groomer on a regular basis? I take Zachie to the groomer about 4-5 times a year for his Lion's cut. It makes a world of a difference in his behavior. He's much more comfortable, more outgoing, more spunky and more lovable. My wife is always mortified because he looks like a Gremlin instead of a Cat, but the positives outweigh the negatives. It's even healthier for Rusty, who would get terrible furballs from grooming Zachie.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Cinderella is a Birman kitty, VERY long hair, but it's very light and feels like feathers. I called around to groomers and they don't give "haircuts" to cats - it's either all (lion cut/shaving) or nothing. I take her in to be groomed about 4 times a year also. They clip her nails, give her a bath, clean her ears and bum, etc. Cleo (I seriously need to get a signature so I can have her picture here ) is black with long hair. She'll be getting the same treatment as Cinderella. They don't groom each other (yet).

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Your cats are lovely.

I too am a dog person getting to know just how beautiful cats can be. I've had my wee boy since march this year.

Welcome to the forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page