When da bird breaks - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

When da bird breaks

I know there are lots of people out here who have DA BIRD, well let me tell you after your kitties totally destroy the bird and have all of the feathers pulled out, it turns into another toy. The little rubber cap on the end that held the feathers should still be attached to the string and it makes noises when you drag it around. Buddy is so obsessed with it, he will ignore DA BIRD and go totally nuts for DA BUG and will keep playing with it until he is completely out of breath. I will try and post some pics or video of him later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 08:15 AM
Cat

This is on my list to buy but still have not found it locally.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

I've had that experience as well. And if you want to repair it, you can buy feathers at an arts and crafts store and glue them back into the doohicky.

The tricky part is getting all the feathers aligned just right, otherwise it won't swirl. Somewhere way back I wrote a post about how to do it. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to look for it right now, but you're welcome to try.

You can also make all kinds of other things to attach as well:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

I get my refills at petsupermarket. That is one of the best toys for kitties, they get tons of exercise from it. Here is a link to a video of Buddy playing with DA BIRD. some of you may have seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1U0WHig_F4
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Premier Cat

Great video. Buddy is a really beautiful cat.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Thank, yeah he is a real looker, everybody that meets him wants to take him home. He is such a sweet cat too. Pictures do not do his eyes justice, he has the bluest eyes.

I still find it hard to believe someone abandoned him and he was at the human society for quite a while before I adopted him
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:03 PM

I also buy the refill. Jax, however, learned how to open the closet door on the closet I keep it in. He got it out overnight on time and chewed through the cord entirely. It was on the top shelf too. No problem, I bought another - plus, I had one of those door hanger toys that was history a long time ago, so I tied the remains to that, and I usually hang it for them when I'm chilling in the living room. They love it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 01:15 PM

Harry, is Buddy medium haired? He's a lovely cat! My little Harley DOES look a lot like that, especially as he darkens with age. Anyway, the vet said Harley's medium haired, and I don't think I've ever seen a cat that wasn't either long or short so I'm curious how he'll look all grown up. I just thought he was a short-haired with fluffy kitten fur.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessamica8
Harry, is Buddy medium haired? He's a lovely cat! My little Harley DOES look a lot like that, especially as he darkens with age. Anyway, the vet said Harley's medium haired, and I don't think I've ever seen a cat that wasn't either long or short so I'm curious how he'll look all grown up. I just thought he was a short-haired with fluffy kitten fur.
Yeah, Buddy is medium haired. He is estimated to be about 18 months old. He is a rough and tumble little cat. He and Willie wrestle all of the time and Willie has several pounds on him and is taller but Buddy is a scrapper. Here is a video of them wrestling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n42LphvTWg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page