So...Tom peed on me - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

So...Tom peed on me

Last night, I'm cleaning the big upstairs litterbox. I'd finished one end and was working on the other. The clean litter was all piled up on the one side. As they always do, the cats thought that this would be a good time to go potty...so, Tom hops in the box and starts scratching around in the clean litter.

Because of the way I had it piled up, his butt was towards the opening. My legs were on the other side of the opening. As always, he started out peeing down and all of a sudden, raised his butt up and managed to pee directly on my leg...and I think a little on the carpet, not sure about that part though.

That was a first. I hope it never happens again. Also, I think I'd better clean the carpet better. I'm not sure if any got on it...but if it did, I don't want them to start peeing there later.

Yikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Cats have such a ... hum... peculiar way of showing their affection
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Premier Cat

Hmmmmm . . . it sounds like since he was first and foremost peeing in the litterbox, it's not really something you want to discourage?

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Premier Cat

Hahaha! Another "blessing"!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Premier Cat

Maybe he needs a bigger box?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 01:48 PM

I think you were just "cat christened" !!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
Maybe he needs a bigger box?
The one he pee'd out of (through the door) is one that is homemade and the biggest box we've got. I bought a great big rubbermaid tub....

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/pr ... Prod150028

And cut holes on the long side. Two holes on either side of the center divide. Tom just happened to face the wall and pee out the opening...you know, since I was there to catch it.

Oh well. Definately an unpleasant experience though.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Premier Cat

I've been pee'd on by two dogs...

The first time I was about 9 years old and we had taken my Step-Dad's show collie, Centurion, to the local park for me to participate in a child's pet show with him. I wanted a drink from the water fountain and as I was drinking, Centurion pee'd on my leg...mistaking it for part of the water fountain he was marking.

The second time was only a few years ago at my neighbor's house. She was out in the front yard with her dogs and a wading pool. Hubby and I walked up to say 'hi' (I was wearing a skirt and sandals) and while we were standing around the wading pool and her 3 dogs were running around...the dog I dislike the most...pee'd on my leg! I felt it right away and was able to move my leg, kick off the sandal before it ran down to my footwear and I swished my foot/leg in the wading pool to rinse it off.
I swear Gator was laughing at me.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 AM

My cats both like to use the freshly scooped litter, so I need to shut them out of the room while doing the scooping...otherwise they are constantly scratching about and sometimes getting bits of litter on their heads as I scoop... It's very annoying, so out they go! I've never been peed on, but it may be best for you to treat the carpet stain so he and the others don't start any bad habits. You don't want them to think it's o.k. to go there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page