One of these days...... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

One of these days......

my money tree will bloom (yeah, can you say "fat chance"?) and I'll get a digital camera. I could have had some good shots. Today Chip brought home a snake. I don't know what kind, but it was black, thin, and about two feet long. Chip was rolling over on his back and reaching over his head to pat the snake. I spoiled his fun, brought him in the house, and little snakey slithered away, unharmed.

Yesterday, I started with the three-day Panacur deworming......yeah, I'm trying a new poison...... Black, furry Chica was running around the house, drooling a big faceful of foaming liquid ----- she could have been the poster child for Rabies Prevention Week.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Premier Cat

I've never had a problem orally medicating any of my kitties, until BooBoo, and he takes the cake!
If it is oral meds, he looks like Cujo. If it is ear mite drops, he looks like Cujo. If I look at him funny with an applicator in my hand...he runs to hide and looks like Cujo!

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Cool Cat

My vet says that Panacur is the nastiest-tasting cat med on the market, worse even than Flagyl, and that they give them more in the dosage than they actually need because they assume they will spit a lot of it out.

I believe all of that it after giving it to our cats. A year later, we are still finding Panacur spots on the underside of furniture.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:50 PM

My cat Buddy is so easy to give oral meds to, just cradle him in your arms like a baby and open his mouth and drop them in. Never had to give Willie meds and Miss Chloe, well we would have to call a vet to give her the meds because she is a little firecracker, very unruly when its something that she doesnt like. We cant even take her to a vet, we have to have one who makes house calls and they have to use a net to catch her and give her shots.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

That's interesting, because Chica was the only one who obviously hated the taste. Well, Phmokey went ballistic, but he does that if I even think about medicating him with anything. The Panacur wasn't anything compared to Drontal --- or the worst ever --- Clindamycin liquid. It must be the foulest tasting stuff ever.

Heidi, I agree, they learn quickly what the "evil objects" look like. I have to be fast as lightning with the pill popper and can't let them see it until I get it in their mouths. The Ampicillin bottle is the funniest, though. Every cat I've had will GAG at the mere sight of it!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Premier Cat

Re: One of these days......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CataholicsAnonymous
Yesterday, I started with the three-day Panacur deworming......yeah, I'm trying a new poison...... Black, furry Chica was running around the house, drooling a big faceful of foaming liquid ----- she could have been the poster child for Rabies Prevention Week.
Did you ever read my post about Mahlee when she was sick? We did panacur, she foamed, ran around with long strings of disgusting drool hanging from her face and then a few moments later a lovely episode of self-induced vomiting....
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Senior Cat

All i know that is my horses get Panacur during some rotations

Lauren&

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Premier Cat

These posts make me wonder - How hard would it be for the pharmaceutical companies to put those foul tasting liquids in an easy(well, easier )-to-administer capsule?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Callie was on Flagyl tablets and if I didn't get it in just right would end up foaming it all out...ended up getting the local compounding pharmacy to put it in gel caps. That plus a pill shooter and all was well with the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Premier Cat

What the heck is a pill shooter? It doesn't choke them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page