Is it common.....? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Is it common.....?

For a female cat who has never showned any affection to one day be all over you?

Kiddles just resently started being very cuddely. It happends more often when I am on the computer. She will jump on my lap and start purring and rubbing against me. It is kind of hard to type and give scritches at the same time . What surprise me the most is tha she has never done this before. When she came to use as a 4 week old kitten, I believe, she would play with us and let us pet her but as soon as I would grab her and put her on my lap she was gone. Now she is a year old and just started looking for affection. I go for horseback riding three days out of the week this summer and when I get home she is all over me. The weird thing is that she doesn't sleep with me anymore but wants to be on my lap when I am on the computer . What could have been her trigger to begin her "love"? (She is spayed) :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Premier Cat

Is she fixed? If not, she's probably in heat.

Edit: Crap, did you just add that about her being spayed, or did I miss it?

I have no idea then. Maybe she just missed you!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Is it only after you've been horseback riding? Maybe there is a smell on you that she really likes (the horse, saddle soap etc.). Or she's trying to re-mark you as hers. Callie would be all over me when I came home from the hairdresser...there was something in my hair that made her get on the back of the couch and rub all over my head.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

AddFran: Don't know what happend maybe you didn't see it .

doodlebug: No its not when I come back from horseback riding. I sometimes don't ride and have to hang out at the place. An last Sat. I didn't go and that was the first day she surprised me because I got up from bed and went to see the TV and she just jumped on my lap and started to rub against me and purr, she had never done this before. She is all over me as you can see (taken just this second):
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Cool Cat

I can't answer the "Why?", but I can tell you that Chip did the same thing. Chip isn't a lap cat, and I couldn't force him to sleep with me (and I've tried, lol). But he started 5-6 months ago jumping on my lap while I'm on the computer. He's 3 this year. He lays with his front end on my 'mouse arm' --- very uncomfortable for me, but I cope with it as long as I can because I just love having him near me. He's special.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Premier Cat

Maybe they're like 1-year old kids, where anything with buttons is really fascinating to them?!

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
Maybe they're like 1-year old kids, where anything with buttons is really fascinating to them?!
Chip couldn't care less about the computer or any associated buttons. After a few seconds of kneading my legs, he falls soundly asleep on my arm!

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you criticize him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

=(^.^)= Elsie
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Cat Addict

She's maturing. Cats change a lot as they age. Kittens are very different from who they will be as an adult. Which is why it's hard to pick a cat by getting a kitten. i.e. Thomas was a total snuggle bug as a kitten ALWAYS sleeping on me. As he's aged, he's grown out of it, and while he likes the occasional snuggle...mostly, he's fine on his own.

That's why if you REALLY want a lap cat or an independent cat or a cat that's good with kids, etc...you need to get an adult cat. If you're willing to go with the luck of the draw, get a kitten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page