Tomcat spraying window from outside - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Tomcat spraying window from outside

Remember the stray tomcat I feed on my street? Well, his new and brilliant idea is to spray near/on/through my bathroom window!

We live on the groundfloor, and the back of the apartment, where the bathroom is, is a little below ground level - our window opens from the bathtub onto the concrete backyard where I have seen the stray hang out in the past.

After trying to woo Isis from the living room windowsill, getting only growls and hisses in return, and a holy scare when he saw me, he gave up on visiting the girls pretty fast. Now did he just find out that the window opens to the concrete box where cats are kept? Did the new smell from the babies intrigue him? Is he aroused by local females? I have no idea, but the fact is that last night when I opened the window to create a draft (and chase away the smell of cat poop), the smell of tomcat urine came rushing in, and it was BAD. He probably sprayed right before I opened the window. I immediately closed the window and sprayed some Feliway everywhere, praying that the girls would not pee in return to that smell... and bless their little furry hearts, they did not. But this morning I opened the window just for a minute, to check if the smell was this there, and I guess it was because the girls came running and sniffing in a matter of seconds! So I had to close it again, which is a pain in the butt because it is the only way to evacuate dampness out of the bathroom.

I am going to set out and try to clean the window from inside and outside today, any advice as to what I should use? I have bleach, pinesol, dish soap, citrasolv spray, nature's miracle... just not sure what will be more effective in washing out the smell.
Any tips as to how to keep him away from my window too? We have to trap and neuter him, but lately my friend has been up to her ears in abandonned kittens, and trying to place them with fosters, and her cathouse is full, no way to put the tom in there for recovery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page