Sometimes they find us, don't they? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Sometimes they find us, don't they?

Well, my new kitten found me. She's grey and tabby. We found her crying outside our apartment door, crying. Our neighbor found her crying in the bushes outside. We think maybe she's someone's kitty, so we're going to put up flyers. I wonder if anyone will claim her.

She's so cute!!!!!! (Even my boyfriend likes her, LOL!)

I suppose that if no one claims her, a vet visit/spay will be in session for next week.

Any name ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 07:32 AM

How about:

Lucy
Sasha
Abby
Missy
Lena
Nina
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Well, we are going to put up flyers today to see if anyone is missing her. If we keep her, we will name her Thestral (from the Harry Potter book/movie)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 AM

Awwww... that's so sweet you're looking after her!! Bless you!! Post some pics of her if you can, we'd love to see her!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Premier Cat

How about Lola?
Lola la la la la lola la la la la Lola.

Or Gypsy? Because she was just wandering around and found you guys!??
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Premier Cat

That's so great that you're taking care of her. Congrats on that!!

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
How about Lola?
Lola la la la la lola la la la la Lola.

Or Gypsy? Because she was just wandering around and found you guys!??
Oops, i didn't see you already named her.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Well,

I was outside getting ready to go to leave for my interview today when I heard a lady calling for a kitty.

She lives a few apartments down from us. At first I wasn't sure I heard her correctly, and asked her if she was missing a cat. She said, "Oh Yes! Did you find Her???"

I said, "Are you missing a little blue tortie kitten?"

And she said, "Yes, that's her!!!" She actually had the "Cat Missing" flyers in her hands and was getting ready to post them up around the complex.

So I took her up to the apartment and gave her little Thestral back.

She was crying, and hugged her the whole way down the stairs. It was apparant that this lady really really loved her kitty.

She kept trying to say that she owed me a favor, but If my kitty or dog ever got out, I'd want someone to bring them back to me.

She was a really nice lady. I'm glad that Thestral owned a nice human

That little kitty had pretty much already taken over our apartment. She was a doll. Even my old kitty really liked her, and my dog just wanted to play with her. She really held her own.

Maybe someday soon I'll get my own kitten. I sure hope so.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Premier Cat

Awwww.....I know it's disappointing, but how bitter sweet. I'm soooo happy for her. I would probably die of sadness if I lost one of my little monkeys! What a nice thing you did, I'm sure she's very thankful you took care of her kitten the way you did and that she was able to bring her back home!

Ya know, it IS kitten season and all the shelters are flooded with kittens....
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Well, I would want someone to keep my kitty safe if they found him, and then make efforts so that I could locate him.

LOL! Maybe we'll be making a trip to the pound tomorrow. I'm not sure that I can talk my boyfriend into it, though.

He DID really like little Thestral!

You know what is REALLY interesting: Probably two weeks ago (I don't know if I told you guys) we found a momma cat and two kittens on the side of the road.

They were all really sick, but there was a solid gray kitten out of the bunch that we wanted to keep. We ended up taking them to the humane society in our area, because they were still all nursing and I couldn't take the risk of them getting my current cat sick.

It's just funny (by that I mean odd) that two weeks to the day we found little Thestral outside our apartment. She was also a gray cat.

I think that fate is conspiring to make me a gray cat foster/rescue person. LOL!

BTW- another update: I did go to the humane society for volunteer orientation last Saturday. I signed up to be a cat socializer (whooo hoo, I get to pet kitties all day) next coming Sunday from 11 until 2 p.m.

I don't know if it will work out, because the job I just interviewed for requires me to work every Sunday from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. I'm sure I can reschedule with the humane society.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page