Ordering Cat Food Online - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Ordering Cat Food Online

I've pretty much always purchased my cat food from a local pet store, but now that my kitties are eating only a few select brands, I'm wondering if I can find better deals online by ordering in bulk.

I know many of you order online - who do you guys use?

I tried pet food direct, and even without shipping, they're slightly more than my pet store charges, even when ordering cases.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah...but if you use the 20% coupon code that doesn't expire that OsnobunnieO gave us a while ago...it more than covers the shipping and gives you a discount on the food. I find the most economical way to do it is to order several cases at a time as the shipping price does not increase linearly. About a $100-125 order works out well. Coupon code is pfd3618c. I've used it several times in the last year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Yep - that coupon has saved me a ton of money.

I don't know what your prices are like, but the few stores I could find that carried what I wanted were charging over $1 for most all of the 5.5oz cans and I could get them for about $0.70-0.80 by buying them online (even after shipping). I'd get my money's worth on shipping too... I'd go to the very highest weight possible before the shipping charge went up.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I will look into that. I didn't mind so much when Wellness was the staple, but one of mine refuses to eat it now, and another's not to keen on it. That leaves me with all the more expensive foods. Last time I was at the pet store, I spent a little over $100, and that's gotten me through about 10 days. I only have 3 cats.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Your cats don't like Innova, Evo or Felidae? Those brands are a lot cheaper than Wellness where I live... before tax, the 13.5oz cans of Felidae are $1.20, Innova $1.29, and Evo $1.39, against $1.79 for Wellness.

I tried to figure out how much I would save with that coupon on petfooddirect, but it always came to a lot more than I would pay at my local store... I have to say that I never pushed the bill up to $150 though, I will try today to see if it makes it worthwhile.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 05:54 PM

Wellness is generally the most expensive food of anything I have fed mine.

What are you feeding them now? Have you tried California Natural?
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini
Your cats don't like Innova, Evo or Felidae? Those brands are a lot cheaper than Wellness where I live... before tax, the 13.5oz cans of Felidae are $1.20, Innova $1.29, and Evo $1.39, against $1.79 for Wellness.
I've used the Felidae, and they seem to like it okay, but it only comes in one flavor, and if I don't switch up flavors, they stop showing interest after a couple of days. I've never tried the Evo or Innova for that reason (one flavor, and it's chicken like the Felidae) - plus, I think I remember one or both of those of those has some kind of fish in it. My last cat was allergic to seafood, so I avoided it altogether. Haven't tried it with the new brood though. Anyway, they are priced close to Wellness at my pet store.

I have picky cats, they'll eat chicken and turkey mixed, but they don't seem to enjoy other mixed flavors (chicken & beef, chicken & lamb, etc). So since a lot of foods are mixed, I'm pretty limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl
Wellness is generally the most expensive food of anything I have fed mine.

What are you feeding them now? Have you tried California Natural?
Wellness is actually one of the least expensive at the store I go to. I was feeding Wellness and Fromm before, but then they began ignoring the Wellness, so I tried the Nature's Variety instinct. They seem to really like it, and I like the variety of single flavors and lack of fish flavoring. They get the rabbit, venison, lamb, and duck of that, and then chicken and beef Fromm. Of course, neither product comes in the 13 ounce cans. I've never even seen California Natural, so I've never tried it.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Oh wow....I'm lucky that mine will all eat almost anything in the 13 oz cans. I can see why it is costing you so much with those small cans!

I've had good luck with California Natural if you can find it. There isn't a big variety of flavors though. It has usually been mid price range at the stores I have went too.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Jr. Cat

I have just started with the wellness food for Melle my diabetic kitty and it is $1.59 for a 5.5oz here in Canada,is it cheaper in the U.S.? I can get to the stores in the Detroit area

Marie
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Cat Addict

I used to be able to get a 13oz can of wellness for 1.59, then I think they upped the price another 10 cents or so. I moved, and now I can't find wellness for less that 1.90 for a 13oz can. 5.5 oz cans are usually still around $1-$1.20.
I think that the price you're going to pay is going to depend where you are and that particular store.

Jessica, if your cats get bored eating the same flavor for too long, how about actually getting several different brands and rotating those. You could give innova and felidae a try, and if they like it, just make it part of a rotation. You don't have to stick with just one brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page