Cat on a hot shingle roof - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Cat on a hot shingle roof

So, a few weeks ago my uncle realized my Rotten beast (whom he hates) has been getting on his roof via a water cooler, and he promptly removed the water cooler lol. The cat hasn't been up since. But last night, apparantly she jumped six diagonal feet to the roof from a 1.75 inch window ledge. She always meows at my bedroom window to get back in, so I thought nothing of it when I heard her at my window...but she didn't come running when I opened the door, just continued to cry...so I went in back and found her up there. The ledge and distance were too small and too long to jump back down, so...being a cat, she called her mom. You know that look they give you? Utter faith? You are mom, they are stuck, and you with your godlike powers will not fail to remedy their problems immediately. Ideally, this would simply involve raising a ladder to the roof, which she can probably walk down herself. But no. I had no ladder. And as she was waiting for me to fix it, I couldn't very well take the time to come up with a proper solution. What's the next best thing to a ladder? An elevator! Or in this case, a nearby chair. Its seat was broken in half, and two legs were gone. No, I did not stand on it. I raised the chair, arms fully stretched, above my head til it was within jumping distance, trying to hold the two halves together. Most cats would not have done this, but she took one look at this rickity chair (and I'm thinking, please god don't let this knock me over), jumped two feet down to the chair seat, and rode calmly to the ground on it. Miraculously, both chair and cat survived. And me.
My uncle will not know of this transgression.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Cat Addict

Wow! How ingenious of you! I would of panicked!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, you are a great Mommy to have a kitty that trusts you that much. Congratulations on your rescue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks Believe it or not, she's the least trusting cat I've ever had. One cat was having some problems with her hind legs for a while and couldn't jump high...she wanted up on my bed...and I held my hands out as an even surface half way up the bed...she jumped onto my hands, then jumped from my hands up onto the bed. She was a full grown cat, too! All of mine, no matter how big, will sit on one single outstretched hand like they're just on a table, no matter how high in the air they are. It's a funny site to see them on my palm in mid air. It's a real point of pride...I know I have a redeeming quality

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Premier Cat

What a wonderful rescue! And a smart, trusting kitty.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 10:50 PM

Its catwhispering.

That is very cool - would've been something to see.
PS, welcome to catforum.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 11:11 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's a great relationship!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page