We has a kitten - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

We has a kitten

Another one, my brother found it on the way home from work. It's a tiny thing, probably only six weeks old. White with black spots on it, not exactly a fluffball though. We're going to bring it to the vets on Wednesday and get it super cleaned and checked out. (We suspect it has ear mites, because it had what looks like soot in its ear)
Our current cat actually hissed at the little guy, wasn't expecting that at all. When we brought him home and bathed him, he meowed and elliot started walking close to the ground like he was hunting something. When he hopped up on the counter and saw the cat his tail got all fluffy and he hissed, but didn't swat. We're going to keep them separated.
We have a possible owner, but if she ends up not being able to have the kitten we're going to keep it. If Elliot doesn't like the kitten, we're going to try to find a new owner and give it away. I'll keep this thread updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Premier Cat

Sounds like a cutie. I love bl&wh cats.
Quote:
Our current cat actually hissed at the little guy, wasn't expecting that at all. When we brought him home and bathed him, he meowed and elliot started walking close to the ground like he was hunting something. When he hopped up on the counter and saw the cat his tail got all fluffy and he hissed, but didn't swat.
By the way, these are absolutely normal first reactions. If you do decide to try to keep the kitten, be patient. It can take several weeks before they get along. Or sometimes, like with my guys, it take a couple of days.

Victoria
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Is this playing? I'm positive the kitten is playing, but I'm not so sure about Elliot. He raises his paw and goes to bop the cat, but doesn't actually do it. He'll take a swing and stop before he hits the kitten. His tail isn't all fluffed out and his back isn't arched or fluffy either. He does make this sort've "mrring" noise though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Premier Cat

I think you have it right. Elliot is a little ticked off, just keep them seperated for a few days and slowing introduce them. It's completely normal for them to hiss and evenget all puffy when a new kitty is invading their space.

Plus, this new kitten could be sick and you don't ant Elliot to catch anything from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page