New Kittens!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

New Kittens!!!

GOOD NEWS: I will be getting two new kittens in the next few weeks.

BETTER NEWS: They're coming from somone I've met, so for once, I'll be sure of their history and know that they've been raised with so much love and care.

BEST NEWS: Everyone gets to see Chewie and Wicket grow up!!

I'll be needing a lot of advice and help. I have a second bedroom, but that's the girls' room, with their main litterbox and Cleo's window hangout and two of Cinderella's favorite places to sleep. So I'll probably be using my bedroom for the kittens when they first come home. (Peeyewwie - litterbox in my bedroom - but it's only temporary.) But that seems to be the best place to put them. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Cleo has already smelled a sweater the kitties have slept on, and she sniffed and sniffed and laid down on it and smelled it some more - a good sign, I think. Cinderella smelled it and looked at me and her eyes BUGGED OUT! Then she went looking around the house.

They'll be coming with their own cat tent (or what's left of it ) and some of their own toys, which should help.

They are the sweetest little kitties you could ever imagine, and Obi is just as delightful in person as he is on this Forum.

Mew and Isis are absolutely lovely and it's so adorable to see them grooming the kittens.

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it, but I have some serious kitty-proofing to do before they get here. My cats don't jump on anything or do much exploring. These little acrobats are everywhere, as they should be!

I'm open to any helpful hints on getting the house ready for kittens!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Premier Cat

Awww...the cat's finally outta the bag. Phew. I was about to explode with this secret!!

I'm so excite for both you and Nini.

No advice just yet, I know you'll do just great. But congrats...and I am super excited to know that we will get to watch the little monkeys grow up.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Premier Cat

How exciting!! Second generation kitties on the forum.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM

Awww, that's very cool Marie! I'm sure you and the new babies will do will do just fine, and I know you're a good kitty mommy, so I'm sure you'll be quite well prepared.
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Senior Cat

ahhh! this is so exciting! I was like Chewie...Wicket..? those are familiar names! then i realized that your getting them from Nini! congrats!

Lauren&

post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks, everyone. They are SO ADORABLE! I tried to put Chewie in my bag as I was leaving, but Nini was watching me like a hawk!

post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Premier Cat

Kitten proofing is a lot of work, Marie, but you have time to pace yourself.
I know you'll be a wonderful meowmie for them!
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks, Gunterkat.

I'm rearranging things in the house very, very slowly. I figure I'll make one noticeable change every other day, so my girls don't freak out. I moved the kitty condo to the girls' room so more than one kitty can see out of the good window now - the one with the huge tree blocking it and all the birds! Cleo is happy to just sit there and watch all the bird activity for hours, it seems.

post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Cat Addict

Re: New Kittens!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I'm open to any helpful hints on getting the house ready for kittens!
If they are anything like Freeway, you'll need to set up a picnic table and take your meals outside, otherwise you will probably have hungry (or so they think), demanding kittens dangling from your clothes

Wouldn't have missed it for the world though
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Premier Cat

Re: New Kittens!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePageKY

If they are anything like Freeway, you'll need to set up a picnic table and take your meals outside, otherwise you will probably have hungry (or so they think), demanding kittens dangling from your clothes
Ditto this. You can not eat with kittens in the house. Not possible!! Oh you can not sleep either. Besides that, it's the best thing ever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page