Moving to Florida on Friday - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Moving to Florida on Friday

Okay, we bought our house in Florida, I have a job and I am leaving on Friday, driving, because I have to be in training on Monday. I will be leaving Mango for 3 1/2 weeks. My hubby will be up here getting the house ready to move on the 30th of August. It will be so hard without Mango and I hope he will be okay without me. We will be driving him down on the 31st with us. A long drive from Ohio. Any suggestions to keep him calm? He is pretty good on trips, 2 hour ones, he meows and hides on the floor. If he is in his carrier, he bloodys his nose because he wants out. I was contemplating flying on the plane with him , but I think that would be more stressful. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Premier Cat

I have done this on two occasions and really didn't find it that bad for anybody. After the first hour or so, they seem to settle down and just curl up waiting for the trip to be over. I would take frequent breaks for pottying and offering food/water, but don't be surprised if he doesn't show much interest in eating.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:31 PM

When we moved from Ohio to Florida my wife took the cats and it was a fiasco, they cried pretty much the whole first day then they settled down, just make sure they have a clean litterbox, plenty of water and food, the breaks help. Are you planning on driving straight through or stopping overnight? It would probably be best if you could stop and get a room and let the kitties roam around a little, you know to stretch their legs. Of course there is always kitty prozac to calm them down. I have never tried it myself but we have seriously thought about it with Miss Chloe, she is a very highly stressed little cat, we cant take her to the vet, we have to have one who makes house calls and he has a net to catch her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page