Ugly Update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Ugly Update

My kitty is home again minus all the tubes/collars and tape.. my vet observed her the entire day and her jaw is stable and she can lap ... so thank goodness I dont have to go through all that drama again.

She does however have to remain confined in a smallish cage they lent me .. and she is being fed the hills ad which I mix with warm water for her to lap ...

I must just watch that she isnt losing too much weight , but fortunately she was a hefty cat to start off with .... she isnt a happy bunny .. she wants out .... but sadly .....i did however point out that despite her current discomfort her life now is far better than what it would have been had she remained feral.

I have to keep this up for two weeks ..... so wish us luck

All ugly wants to do is purr and have her tummy tickled .. silly girl

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck! She's lucky to have you, and I'm sure she understood every word you said, but she'll get back to you later.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

I'm glad to hear that she is feeling better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Premier Cat

Good luck!!! Hope she feels better soon!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Cat Addict

Hugs and Prayers being sent!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thanks for the good vibes .. she is great .... her appetite is not affected at all and she is managing to wash herself ....

Marie .... yeah right

I dont think im going to keep her confined to a cage .... ill see how she does today ... surely being confined to a room is fine???

when i open her cage she just wants to sit on my lap ... so I think ill get some rescue ... and then sit with her and let her walk around a bit...and if she doesnt freak out then she can have the run of the room .....

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Cool Cat

Poor baby -- but she's so lucky to have been rescued by you! And it sounds like this has made her more appreciative of human company and being a housecat, so life will be better for her in the long run.

Did you really name her Ugly?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Yes we did name her ugly by accident and it stuck .... its hubbys fault english isnt his own language and ugly in his langauge sounds quite nice .. so .....

Im going to change her name any idea??? she is a pretty kitty grey/white and apricot splotches ..

She now has free run of the spare room and is much happier .... the rescue plan worked and I sat and held her paw until she was settled.

Its going to be fun reintroducing her to the rest of the gang Ill vanilla essence the whole tribe. Ill worry about it later after her jaw has healed and my vet is happy[/img]

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page