Spay time, aka Who wants a Calico - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
Spay time, aka Who wants a Calico

She's back.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41765

Charlotte, the stray calico I took in and then released when I discovered she was nursing, is again living in my bathroom. She goes in for a spay tomorrow. She never did bring the kittens. I know she was nursing for a few weeks after I released her, and I kept waiting for their arrival. At this point, I' ve given up. Something may have happened to them - she's very young and scrawny so who knows - or someone may have caught them... or... I don't know. When they didn't show up within 4 weeks, we were nervous. 6 weeks concerned, and 8 weeks pretty sure they weren't coming. After 12 weeks without even a sign... not good.

Then, I had to get her because of some obscene acts that took place on my patio... and in the courtyard... and... elsewhere... between her and the tabby cat - who is in a picture of my cockatiels in the Gallery - who had been following her around for a few days. So in for an emergency spay she goes.

On that note, I suddenly see why people don't get their pets spayed and neutered. Prices seem more and more obscene each stray, each year.

I can't keep her... I'm already one cat over my limit in the apartment. Anyone want her She's scrawnier than in the previous pictures, and her hair more sparse. But she is absolutely sweet and precious, and I've never met a cat capable of kneading without extending her claws. She feels declawed on your lap, but she's not. Sweet heart.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 AM

My local PetsMart has a Neuter Scooter trailer that comes once a month to the parking lot there and offers spays for strays & ferrels for $20 and $40 for pets. Try calling your PetsMart to see if they have something such as the Neuter Scooter (most people aren't aware of the service and I can't even remember how I found out about it. It's not advertized).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
Thanks

I'm a dog groomer at my local PetSmart though, and I don't think Michigan is part of that program yet. I actually spent a couple hours getting prices around here... all the ones in this town are outrageous, so I'm taking her back to the vet I used when I lived with my parents. I still use them for Scooter, my kitty w/ CHF, TOO. Still expensive, but oh well. I tried SpayUSA but haven't heard back. If it wasn't possibly an emergency situation, I might wait longer, but I'm doing it now... actually, I've got to get going... thanks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
My local PetsMart has a Neuter Scooter trailer that comes once a month to the parking lot there and offers spays for strays & ferrels for $20 and $40 for pets. Try calling your PetsMart to see if they have something such as the Neuter Scooter (most people aren't aware of the service and I can't even remember how I found out about it. It's not advertized).
You get the Neuter Scooter once a month?! Ours only comes once a year.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
You get the Neuter Scooter once a month?! Ours only comes once a year.
I'll have to call PetsMart and check on that. Maybe it's only for the summer only, I dunno.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page