Cats...cheapest things will keep them happy. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to ziggystyles Send a message via Yahoo to ziggystyles
Cats...cheapest things will keep them happy.

Hi all,
You know how you can buy a bunch of toys for a cat and they will never use it...only to be entertained for hours on a piece of tinfoil or whatever? lol...this is sort of the same thing, at least...something I wasn't expecting.

A few months back, I bought a cat bed from WM...one of those Lounge Around kinds....oval with a somewhat stiff border and a immitation cotton / sheepskin lining. My cats hardly used it...but one day...I noticed it was flipped upside down and Cleo was sleeping in it...passed out. Later on...I flipped it rightside up only to see it days later, upside down again.

Turns out...the stinkers like the bottom side better. It has a bunch of those (I think) small rubber bead things to keep it from moving around on tile / linoleum flooring. You can see them and feel them...but they actually feel on the cool side. I figure the cats like laying on that compared to the sheepskin because the bottom side is cooler...more comfy?

Either way...that original one is on my desk next to my computer desk and it is upside down and now whenever I am in here...Cleo pops up a few minutes later and passes out. I saw another one at WM last week for ten bucks so I bought it and put it in the living room. They have used it a couple of times, but not much...yet.

Its just interestign...I buy this pet bed for them to use..and they wont use it unles it is flipped upside down, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Senior Cat

That sounds typical .... my kitties only sleep on the dogs beds , much to the chagrin of my poor dogs who look quite horrified

Toys are generally left .. but parrot toys !! now thats another matter .

I usually fill a cardboard box with scrunged up newpaper, and that keeps them busy .. and I always have toilet rolls lying around.... cheap and provide endless fun for kittens and parrots

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Senior Cat

That sounds typical .... my kitties only sleep on the dogs beds , much to the chagrin of my poor dogs who look quite horrified

Toys are generally left .. but parrot toys !! now thats another matter .

I usually fill a cardboard box with scrunged up newpaper, and that keeps them busy .. and I always have toilet rolls lying around.... cheap and provide endless fun for kittens and parrots

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Cool Cat

My son is getting ready to move. The empty boxes in the dining room are the favorite toy right now - even the lids for the boxes that hold reams of paper.

His cat also loves to play in suitcases. My son has a set that is stored, one-inside-another. Captain, his cat, loves to dive in them - especially when they are upright and the zipper on the side facing up isn't fully closed.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Cat

My cats have always gone for pipe cleaners, twist ties (off bread bags), and the little plastic rings from the gallon milk jugs. One also goes for these little mouse finger puppets. They're a promotional thing from one of the bio-med suppliers my wife works with (Bio-Bubble, I think- it is, Squeaky just plopped one beside me). I'll see if I can dig up a picture of it.

I was going to write a Chuck Norris saying here, but he e-mailed me a roundhouse kick.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Banned

My cat likes those styrofoam balls. Before it was the styrofoam roll, but that went to pieces. You can get them at the craft store. I throw the ball on the stairs and she goes running after it. There are quite a few in a package so if they get lost/break I grab another one.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
My cats have always gone for pipe cleaners, twist ties (off bread bags), and the little plastic rings from the gallon milk jugs. One also goes for these little mouse finger puppets. They're a promotional thing from one of the bio-med suppliers my wife works with (Bio-Bubble, I think- it is, Squeaky just plopped one beside me). I'll see if I can dig up a picture of it.
My kitties are the same, love the milk rings and twist ties on bread.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Premier Cat

Oh Suitcases...I can never pack with out taking kitty out, then putting in a stack of clothes, turn around take kitty out, put in a stack of clothes. Franny sharpens her Phantom claws on the outside of the suitcase and the rest use their real claws on the outside of the suitcase. Mine love PAPER TOWELS, just found a half a roll soaking wet next to the CatIt fountain this morning. Chew through bags that hold loafs of bread. Mahlee will do anything to get to Hawaiian bread. They like boxes of course, and also love to throw my rolls of ribbon all through the house. I can not tell you how many times I have walked into my office area in the morning to find yard and yards of ribbon strewn around (and most of them are kept organized in those clear plastic shoeboxes, so tell me how are they getting to them??). Hmm, it may be easier for me to point out the things they don't play with...

I have replaced two laptop cords in the time we've had the kittens too! Those unfortuntely are NOT CHEAP. Brats!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 AM

As soon as I get my shipment of Tupperware and/or Avon in, there always manages to be at least one cat (depending on the size) on the box Never realized how many cats could fit on certain boxes
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
Oh Suitcases...I can never pack with out taking kitty out, then putting in a stack of clothes, turn around take kitty out, put in a stack of clothes. Franny sharpens her Phantom claws on the outside of the suitcase and the rest use their real claws on the outside of the suitcase. Mine love PAPER TOWELS, just found a half a roll soaking wet next to the CatIt fountain this morning. Chew through bags that hold loafs of bread. Mahlee will do anything to get to Hawaiian bread. They like boxes of course, and also love to throw my rolls of ribbon all through the house. I can not tell you how many times I have walked into my office area in the morning to find yard and yards of ribbon strewn around (and most of them are kept organized in those clear plastic shoeboxes, so tell me how are they getting to them??). Hmm, it may be easier for me to point out the things they don't play with...

I have replaced two laptop cords in the time we've had the kittens too! Those unfortuntely are NOT CHEAP. Brats!
I would be very careful with the ribbon, my cat Riley (RIP) swallowed some ribbon when he was younger and it somehow got wrapped around his colon and he had to have emergency surgery to the tune of $400. IF we would have waited another day the vet said he would have died from it. My kitties love ribbons but we have to supervise them with it, same goes for string.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page