I get the bad cat mommy award tonight - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

I get the bad cat mommy award tonight

I left for work at 8 this morning - got home at about 9:50 tonight (I'm having an extremely busy summer)

Every day, I close the doors to the bedrooms and then leave 2 fans and 1 a/c on for the pets.

Well, this morning, Molly evidently got locked in one of the bedrooms. Poor kitty was doing everything to get my attention when I came home. I feel so bad for her. She had NO a/c all day - and no window open - it was so hot in that room. I can't believe I did that to her!! She'll be getting extra treats tonight.

ETA: she also didn't pee or poop in the bedroom! WOW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

We've shared in the past the bad things we've accidently done to our cats. This wasn't so bad. After I moved, I thought I had covered any boxes Cinderella could get into and get in trouble with, but she jumped up on a wardrobe box and fell IN and was there all day on my clothes and couldn't jump back up to get out. (No pee or poop, either, thank goodness!). Poor little thing. Both our kitties were very, very good!!

We've all done something or forgotten something.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Tom Cat

I closed Cooper up in the sofa bed once. Poor thing. We heard faint meows and we looked all over the apartment for him. We finally realized what I'd done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Premier Cat

Um, I can top you all. You guys all remember how tiny Phoebe was when she first arrived (15 ounces) well I was getting something out of the fridge and just went about my normal business, pulled out the milk or whatever and closed the door. Poured my drink or dished out whatever it was and opened the fridge to put the item away...guess who was INSIDE the refrigerator? It was only for like 45 seconds-1 minute I guess and she was absolutely fine and seemed as though she didn't even realize what happened. But I on the other hand was in tears and kissing her like crazy.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Cool Cat

Awww Fran, that's awful...you must have been so traumatized...

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 11:29 PM

Refrigerators are the devil for cat owners... when Mew and Isis were small, Mew used to sniff in the fridge every time I opened it. Once I was on the phone and did not pay attention, I pushed the fridge door to slam it shut... and slammed it right on Mew's poor little head

Fortunately she got hit by the rubber padded part of the door, but I felt so horrible as she walked away shaking her head. Nothing serious but it scared the life out of me, and now I always check before I close any door!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Cat Addict

I love them to death, but the little boogers are always where they aren't supposed to be!!! I'm forever closing them in closets and rooms or kennels, or worse, stepping on them, sitting on them. Makes me feel like an awful parent, but sometimes I just wished they'd MOVE, they'd get bumped less!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Premier Cat

The other night I had turned off the lights in the house and was heading for bed when I felt my cane hit something soft. I panicked, thinking I had hurt my sweet little Arianwen! I squatted down, feeling around for her in the dark. She was there, unhurt, brushing against my hand and giving me 'kitty kisses'.
I think my cane just brushed down the side of her coat. Phew!!!
I was sooo scared.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 02:12 AM
Banned

Yeah, one time I stepped on Baby's tail or paw . Afterward I apoligize and say I didn't mean it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

You know what's really sad? My cats KNOW what "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!" means.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page