Cats bored with their toys - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Cats bored with their toys

My cats are getting bored with the toys they have. I rotate them, so they do not see them all the time, but that does not seem to help anymore. What are the best sites for buying cat toys that you know, with the best selection? I can't find many good ones at Petsmart anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 06:47 PM

I like www.thecatconnection.com, because they have a good selection reasonably priced, and a bunch of light toys get free shipping.

There are a lot of sellers on ebay that sell great toys for cheap too. Do you have a Da Bird for your cats?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Cat

Do your cats react to catnip? I spray that on toys to pique their their interest.

Also, da bird never seems to fail!

My daughter has been constructing cat homes out of boxes, and they seem to really like that. They just like new and different, so whatever-- tissue paper, paper bags, boxes, bottle caps (plastic), and other cheap toys are handy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2007, 07:48 PM

I have found balled up paper or tin foil to be a fail proof toy. Also q-tips withthe cotton removed, milk tabs....lots of things you can find in your house make for great cat toys!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 08:02 AM

you cant be Da Bird, of course when your kitty finally pulls all of the feathers out of da bird and you are left with a little rubber cap on a string that is called Da Bug and I know my Buddy always goes nuts over that. Another thing that is a great cat toy is the handle on paper bags, my kitties go nuts over those
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry
Another thing that is a great cat toy is the handle on paper bags, my kitties go nuts over those
Really? I thought cats would get strangled that way?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, the problem with milk caps and bag handles is the cats are too lazy to do anything with them. They do best with toys that we move for them. lol

Nini, thats a great website, thanks. They've got tons of toys my cats will like.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Tom Cat

My cat loves Peacock feathers. I found a florist who carries them. Of course, you have to play with the cat.

If you are looking for toys your cats will play with on there own, then me know if you find anything good.

My cat loses interest in new toys in 10-15 minutes, tops. Unless it's stuffed with catnip, then she'll just sit there and lick it until its sopping wet and then leave somewhere I am sure to step on it with bare feet.

regards,
Brian
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Premier Cat

I've gotten WAY more mileage out of Da Bird with Rookie than any toy we've ever gotten her. We keep it out of sight during the day so she can't strangle herself on it, and bring it out at night. So it's an adult supervision game, but it's worth it. I ordered mine at Amazon.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page