found a huge pile of feces i can't reach to clean! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

found a huge pile of feces i can't reach to clean!

now i know why it's been smelling--not from the one area we had found, but because back behind the computer mickey made a huge mess! the only problem is, i can't get to it because our computer desk is V shaped and heavy wood. and the cat made the mess right in the middle of the V formation, behind. what can i do? i called my hubby and he suggested trying to pour cat litter on it. did that! now what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:45 AM

I think your only option is to wait until you have help to move the desk out and then clean up the spot. Putting cat litter on it may actually encourage your cat to continue using that spot as a "litter box".
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM

Is there any way to block Micky from going back there? If so, maybe you can wait a couple of days for the poop to dry up and vaccuum it and the litter up with a vaccuum attachment?

^.".^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Jr. Cat

You could use a litter stick. Also known as an Ez-Reacher, Litter Gitter, etc..

Maybe make-shift;
Attach some super sticky masking tape to the end of a broom handle & hope for the best.

Good luck.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Banned

Seems like you are having a lot of problems with inappropriate elimination. Have you tried looking at these threads?: https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11535 https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11560 Maybe they can help you? Sorry that you are having problems.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

got it!!

Well, now we can breathe a (clean) sigh of relief! Hubby was able to get to the feces yesterday evening and we cleaned everything up really well. There have been no more incidents since a couple of days ago, so that is good. Thanks for the tips, guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page