cat scales - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 03:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

cat scales

Does anybody know about any good deals on cat scales? I really should have one for the kittens. I've looked on line and on eBay, but I would appreciate recommendations for some that our members actually own or personally know about.

Thanks.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 AM
Premier Cat

I think AddFran uses her postal scale to keep track of her little ones.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Those did seem reasonably priced.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Premier Cat

Yep, use my postal scale. It'much more accurate than the one at the vets office too. Anything under a 1lb at the vet it reads very low. For example, Hermione was about 8 ounces and at the vet their scale reads only in pounds and measured her as being 1/4 lb which would be 4 ounces. That's WAY off. The sicky kitten I had, Liahna, who didn't make it, she was up to about 11 ounces and the vets scale put her at about 6 ounces. I know the postal scale is correct because most of my packages have to be weighed at the post office again and they have always been accurate. It's been a lifesaver. I'm sure if I had not had this scale I would have lost one of these kittens by now. It really keeps you aware of what's going on - and with small babies you need to act fast!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Premier Cat

Mine is like this...bought it on ebay for like a dollar, the bulk of the total cost was for 'shipping', but it ended up being like $17 bucks or something:

ebay postal scale
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thanks - I know from you and Nini how important every ounce is. I want to be prepared for anything and everything.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Premier Cat

They are going to be so happy with you!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I hope so. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.

I just hope if something comes up, I can handle it with the grace and patience that you and Nini seem to have an endless reserve of.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Premier Cat

Trust me, I think I can speak for both of us when I say that on the inside there are many days were were are completely freaked out!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I know - but you still take care of things and get the job done.

I'm a little terrified of taking another member's kitties - feeling a bit under the microscope, so to speak. Praying that nothing goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page