Kitten updates - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Kitten updates

The black and silver kittens that stayed the weekend with me... are back! And also - adopted!! The little girl is going to a youngish girl who just moved out on her own and misses having cats. The two boys are going *together* to Charlotte... a very sweet couple drove an hour and a half and made it right before we closed to see them before the wife went out of town. I'm really glad they are going together... the girl is great but is kind of a loner most of the time and the boys are just as cute as can be together.

They've been here since Wednesday night, and are going back with me tomorrow (Monday). Its been fun, but I'm ready for a break. Mostly because I've been putting off a lot of other things just to make sure I'm here to spend time with them. Even Brody needs a break.

They've taken up a new hobby/obsession. Trying to nurse on her I was laying on the couch, mom across from me on the loveseat... she was napping, I was trying. Brody was laying on the floor under me. A kitten came up and started cuddling. Then another, then all three. Before I knew it they were acting a little crazed... digging into her and trying to nurse! Poor Brody had this very confused look on her face. They've been trying ever since! The funniest part is they aren't even close most of the time - suckling under her neck and even on her legs.

Of course, I have a ton of videos! Just can't seem to get them to upload. When I figure it out, they'll be here. Until then, a few pictures

If that's not the most pitiful look, I don't know what is!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Ha! Stupid me... videos now

um... close, but not quite.

its really not as bad as it looks

joining in on the fun!

I forgot to mention - they chirp now!! Its so cute. Haven't caught it on video though but when the first wake up and can't find anyone they run around the house chirping away. Ok, so I'll miss them a little

Jessie

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

I'm glad they found good homes. Brody has the patience of a saint!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Banned

That is so cute, good to hear that they found nice homes!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 07:57 AM

Awwww... Brody has been such a good dog to those kittens!! That's awesome to hear they've been adopted!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Premier Cat

Awwww! So cute! Glad they have good homes already.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Premier Cat

What a wonderful dog Brody is!!! How great that the boys are going together, and that the girl found a good home, as well.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I'm a little concerned now. They've had some on and off loose stool pretty much all week. But the foods have been switched around a good bit and all that. They were eating low residue and i/d canned (hey, its stuff from work and I wasn't about to try switching them to something good for a few days then back to the hills). Anyway, I got some samples set up when I brought them in today and we ended up starting them on Flagyl.

But... only one kitten has gained weight. They were small, and felt fairly skinny. Never been big eaters... they'd go in and nibble a little here and there but were easily distracted. I thought the little girl was looking very plump the last couple of days but apparently not.

Female is 1.2, one male is 1.25 and the other is 1.4 (up from I think 1.2?). They came in on August 8th, and today is the 20th. I forgot to mention it to either vet (it was a crazy morning) but will do so when I get back from lunch.

They're all happy, crazy playful... so I'm not too worried. I figured they'd be growing like little monsters though.

Jessie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 02:53 PM

Awwww this is so cute!! What an angel Brody is, to let those kittens have their way and just sigh about it! So funny too that the kits should try to suckle everything but her nipples
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Premier Cat

Awww, Brody is so sweet being a doggie meowmie to the kittens.
And it's great that they have good homes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page