Empathic connection... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Empathic connection...

I think Arianwen and I have developed a very strong empathic connection.

This morning, just after breakfast, Arianwen was very clearly saying, "Go out?", so to reward my baby I took her out for a bit of morning fresh air and hunting. Well, I was feeling very sleepy and hadn't begun drinking my day-starter coffee. Arianwen seemed unusually sleepy, too, and just lolled around on the pavement beside me as I drank my java.

As the caffeine started waking me up, there was a definite change in Arianwen's demeanor. She became more alert and playful as I became more conscious, then went off to hunt in the nearby ground-cover.

Also, for the past few months, I've been able to "feel" if she's nearby, and I can also "feel" if she's scared. Sometimes I can call her without making a sound, too. And lots of times when she gives me blinkies it feels like a big, sweet hug.

I hope this isn't "spooky" to anyone.
I feel truly blessed to have such a special kitteh.
Does anyone else feel like they have a special connection with their kittehs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:08 AM
Banned

I firmly believe that cats have some kind of sensing ability that doesn't depend on sight or sound. I don't know how many times I've been doing stuff, my cats snoozing or otherwise occupying themselves, but as soon as I so much as even think of a particular cat, that cat perks up and starts demanding my attention. It's scary. Call it ESP or whatever you will, I don't have any explanation for it. They can be in another room out of sight and it doesn't make any difference. Maybe there's subtle contextual cues that are beyond my comprehension they're picking up on that they've come to recognize as me being available to pay them attention. I dunno. I guess it's yet another one of those wonderful feline mysteries.....

ETA -- as a matter of fact, it happened just now. It's very late and way past my bedtime, and after posting the above I thought to myself, I wonder if my cats are going to start making a rucus just when I want to go to bed, and immediately upon finishing that thought, what should I hear but Rocket in the basement begin to yowl.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Cat Addict

I agree that cats can sense things!

Once a week I join two other woman at a woman friend's house for a yoga class. Up until last summer our yoga teacher had a very very elderly longhair cat (she has passed on, r.i.p.) who had limited use of her back legs and who on rare occasions would walk through the living room where we were, but only to sit by the window and never to socialize with us.

As it happened last spring, I fell in love with the photo of a British Shorthair cat that I saw on the internet. My family had not had a cat in about thirteen years, since my husband's old Russian Blue kitty died when our son was still an infant. Within a few days of seeing that photo, I had such a profound desire for a cat in our life that it felt like a fever. I was determined to find a grey British Shorthair kitten, and began searching for a breeder in my area.

That week in yoga class an astonishing thing happened: before I even told my friends about my decision, our yoga teacher's ancient cat came to the living room and sat beside me. I had never even greeted her before, but she let me stroke her all morning. She was able to feel that I was being called by a cat in my future. And on my part, I felt that she was somehow giving me a blessing, so that a kitty would come into my family's life. It was unforgettable!

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 PM

I think animals in general have more of the empathic esp than we think they do. Why else would we as humans created the show "Lassie" and "Flipper"? Now I know some imiginiation went into those shows too but I truely believe that animals pick up on human emtions much better than humans do. I see it in my mom's dog, when she's had a bad day her dog Hershey will attempt to take care of her. Daizy and Aramis take care of me when I'm having a bad sinus infection (mostly due to pollen and them!). Even my grandparents wild child 6 month old Yorkie has shown empathic actions for when my grandma isn't feeling well. She actually slows down some and lays in her arms to help my grandmother relax. We humans need to give animals more credit!!!!! They are beyond awesome.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Premier Cat

I remember feeling a very strong, deep connection with Rookie. I described it as, "We really understand each other." I never would have thought I'd really understand a cat, but I did feel that way with her, and I felt it was returned. It's amazing, isn't it. I can't really say I have that feeling with Murphy, but it may just take time.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to mstx
My OH says Munchkin is my copy cat. If I get moody she does too, if I am wanting attention she wants it too, ect. If I am sad she will come sit on my lap and lick my hand as if to tell me that she loves me. Yep I say that cats do understand us...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page