A big scare this morning! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

A big scare this morning!

Kaley, who gets into everything decided that she was going to play on the ledge on the second floor. There is a loft that is open to the air on one side, with stair railing/bannister that is like 3 1/2 feet tall or a little less and the ledge on the other side of it. I have the railing covered in poster board so the cats can't go through the railing to get on the ledge. Kaley and Hunter have never seen interested in it before. This morning I heard all this noise and go to investigate and there is Kaley, who leapt over the railing onto the ledge. I know it would be safer for her to take the poster board off but I can't have them going on the ledge, especially Hunter with his leg problems. Any suggestions as to how to keep her from going out there again?! I will try covering the floor by the railing with something like scat mats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

You might try Sticky Paws ... much cheaper than Scat Mats, and more animal-friendly, or even aluminum foil, even cheaper than Sticky Paws, though perhaps not as effective, or ssscat, which is more expensive again, but has less of a nuisance problem than stuff stuck to the floor.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Cool Cat

Let me know what works for you.
Talley, our 6 month old Calico, had been on the banister on the second floor, climbed on top of the upper kitchen cabinets (no clue how she did that one) and her best yet was this morning. Our stairway has a triangle-shaped opening between the stairs and the family room. It gives an open feeling to the stairway, with the bottom edge equal to the floor of the second story. Somehow, daredevil cat jumped onto the opening, knocking a birdhouse onto the piano below. I can't wait to find out how much that will cost to repair.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page