Booda Dome Clean Step Litter Box - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Booda Dome Clean Step Litter Box

Does anyone have one of these? I am ready to get a new littler box. I need some help from people with experience. I have 3 cats... do you think I should be using one litter box, or two? I try to clean it every day but its usually more like every other day.

I saw this dome in the store and liked it because of it's size and because of the steps. I realize there will still be litter on the floor but I think it might help a little plus I think it's cute. Seems a lot more private.

This dome is just an idea. I will take any other suggestions. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot - like one of those self clean boxes or anything. I figure when I get a new one, I will end up using both. What are the chances of them actually using both? Will they just use one?

I need ideas!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 PM

i have an enclosed litter tray, doesnt have the neat littlesteps but it really holds down the smell and stops a good 80% of litter being kicked out.... but for the three cats i would be reccomending 2-3 trays not one.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 PM

i had the smaller version for Sophie and China when it was just them and it worked just fine. they do use alot of litter though. but i would assume so would three cats and two litter boxes.

my friends have 2 lovely persians and they have that exact booda dome you posted. their cats love it and even if they can only get to scooping it ever couple days, it still is pretty good, just because of the amount of litter it actually holds (think the equiv of about 3 standard litter boxes)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I definitely need a 2nd litter box, that's not a question. I think i am going to buy this dome one. Seems like a good choice. I'll be going through litter like crazy I suppose. Which also reminds me... I use Tidy Cats Scoop the Odor one... Does anyone have a really great littler recommendation or is there really a big difference? I think what I buy now I just need to buy larger quantities. Having 3 cats, we buy litter reallllly often....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to vilate Send a message via Yahoo to vilate
Honestly, you probably won't be going through litter any faster, although you'll have to start out with more just to fill both of them. I have three now, with the two kittehs and I figure it won't be too different than having two. I'd rather have the babies spread out their business anyway, because it means that I'm less likely to need to clean the boxes out every single day.

I haven't settled on a litter yet, but right now I've got Kitten Attract, just to make sure that Beren goes where he's supposed to. But I like Swheat flushable litter. Not sure how long I'll actually use it (I'm moving to a place with iffy plumbing at the end of the year) but I like that and the kittehs don't mind it.

Wyn is a bad, bad kitteh. Good thing her person is a bad, bad girl... They get along great!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Bought it and it is awesome! Highly recommended!!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNCraze86
Bought it and it is awesome! Highly recommended!!
I am glad you like yours because I don't. It's way too big, and my cat seems to have a hard time in it. She tinkles on the stairs, walls, etc. Not only that, but the opening allows odors to escape very easily. I probably would NOT recommend it.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:36 PM

Ugh. I have 4 poo boxes. LOTS of scooping over here... and I really need one more.

When I had one kitty, I had an automatic one - and it was perfect. Of course, it was out of the question with 4 cats.

I have 2 of the largest hooded litter boxes I could find at our pet supply store, then I have 2 more in an enclosed "cabinet" that my dad built me.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteNCraze86
She tinkles on the stairs, walls, etc. Not only that, but the opening allows odors to escape very easily. I probably would NOT recommend it.
haha, I'm sorry but I had to laugh at the tinkle on the stairs!! I never even thought of that being an issue. How strange. For me, the stairs are great cuz they catch SO much litter.

oh, and I use the litter deodorizer, so smell is really not an issue (other then when they JUST used it of course... which lasts a few minutes)

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 12:13 AM

update to this older thread;

Anyone here use the older round Booda Dome?
somehow the size and shape made sense to me
for a great two 10lb cat cave style litter box, so
I was curious what people thought about it, and
how they dealt with litter on cat paws upon exit.
I suppose some sort of mat will be needed for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page