Fish? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to vilate Send a message via Yahoo to vilate
Fish?

Does anyone have fish as well as their kittehs? I love, love, love fish and when I get a bigger apartment, I'm considering getting a nice, big tank with some angelfish. I'm curious to know if anyone has had issues with their kittehs getting at their fishes.

Wyn is a bad, bad kitteh. Good thing her person is a bad, bad girl... They get along great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Premier Cat

When I was growing up, we had fish and cats (and birds and a dog and salamanders. Poor Mom! ) We had screens made for the top of the tanks so the cats couldn't go fishing. It was fine. No casualties.

Victoria
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 12:20 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Some years ago I had four cats and about 12 aquariums. I raised angel fish and livebearers and traded them for aquarium supplies. My cats never bothered the aquariums at all. They didn't even watch the fish! I know some cats do, but I didn't have that problem.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Fish?

That's a great idea! It can keep your brats entertained! I know my neighbor's cat LOVES to stare at the fishies, make sure you have a net strong enough to cover them though, after all they are cats!

Maria
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Cat Addict

We've got fish - Jamie has a catfish in his room in a nice five-gallon tank - years ago there were a lot more residents in there, like mollies, a betta girl, little frogs, an angel fish and more, but Cattie is the only survivor, guess he's around seven years old.

And I keep bettas in the kitchen in two two+ gallon tanks with silk plants and little heaters. We like the females, they are cute and active, and quite curious. Usually we keep a pair in each tank, right now one elderly fish is by herself because her sister passed away last fall.

Gracie is mildly interested in them, I did have to put the full glass tops back on the tanks, I was worried that a casual paw would dangle in there one day, and that the betta girls would swim up in their usual inquisitive way. Sometimes she will snooze on the counter near them, and they will be right against the glass next to her, watching her and waving their little fins.

Fran
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:29 AM
Banned

errr .. well flatmate had a fish.

There wasn't a lid on top of the tank and one day Mr Goldfish just disappeared ....
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 09:00 AM

i have a 180ltr trop tank. If you in england i have a nice one for sale if you want!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm sure Mr. Goldfish jumped out of the tank by mistake. Toby wouldn't commit fishicide!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
I'm sure Mr. Goldfish jumped out of the tank by mistake. Toby wouldn't commit fishicide!
Toby would never do such a thing. I'm sure Mr. Goldfish just decided it was time to leave the nest.

I don't see fish and cats in the same house a problem. Just have a lid to put over the tank/bowl so they can't do any fishing practise. I plan on getting a tank with a some goldfish soon, I know Bosco and Reyna will adore it, more so Reyna.

Now dwarf hamsters... thats a different story with cats lol.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to vilate Send a message via Yahoo to vilate
I think I'll start saving for a nice tank then. I figured it wouldn't be an issue if I've got everything secured, but Beren is proving to be a little hellion who doesn't scare easily. I'll just have to make sure that anything I get is Beren-proof.

Wyn is a bad, bad kitteh. Good thing her person is a bad, bad girl... They get along great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page