why are people so darned intolerant of cats? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Banned

why are people so darned intolerant of cats?

Its a Bank holiday weekend here so I'm currently on a train to my mothers.

I booked a seat with a table as I knew I would have the ginger terror with me. Anyway - long story short, I was told in no uncertain terms by the other three people at the table that Toby and I were not welcome. I ended up sitting on the floor inbetween the carriages until I saw a recently vacated seat.

Some people. They couldn't cope with a cat for two and a half hours? Geez. And he is so good to. He is currently in his carrier under my feet getting some shut eye.

Next time, I'm buying two tickets and book two seats - one for me and one for Toby. The other passengers wont have a leg to stand on then.

Grrrr. Darn people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so sorry they were mean to you. Personally, I would have stayed and let THEM move. (I think) Sometimes, we can all be intimidated. Depends on my mood. Today, I would have hoped Toby would have pooped, just to spread the lovely smell.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I'm so sorry they were mean to you. Personally, I would have stayed and let THEM move. (I think) Sometimes, we can all be intimidated. Depends on my mood. Today, I would have hoped Toby would have pooped, just to spread the lovely smell.
Sadly, he pooped just before I put him in his carrier so I think I might be out of luck.

Still - theres still time for him to repeat the sticking his bum out of the carrier and pee all over the floor trick like he did the first time i took him with me.

Go on Tobe. You can do it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Banned

.. and - if by as magic - he has just peed. Sadly in his carrier rather than all over the floor but I guess one cant have it all

Carriage still got a bit smelly though. hurrah! Of course I've cleaned him up since

I know i should have insisted on my seat by the way - but three against on is a bit much ....
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Premier Cat

Good boy Toby.

I would have been intimidated also .

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, 3 on 1.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Cool Cat

How sad

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Tom Cat

Like my signature line," the more people I meet the more I love my cat"

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Premier Cat

Re: why are people so darned intolerant of cats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melysion
I booked a seat with a table as I knew I would have the ginger terror with me. Anyway - long story short, I was told in no uncertain terms by the other three people at the table that Toby and I were not welcome. I ended up sitting on the floor inbetween the carriages until I saw a recently vacated seat.
Can you request a refund? Or if the train HAS to be paid for the seat, demand they charge the difference between the other three passengers who refused to let you sit at the seat you paid for.
I think it was pretty carppy of the other passengers to treat you in that manner. I'm pretty emotional and probably would have cried if I'd tried to exert my will/opinion with those types of people.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Cat Addict

Re: why are people so darned intolerant of cats?

You should have totally farted, Toby would have been the least of their worries, freaking people
I am sorry Allie, we love Toby!!

Maria
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page