Reiki - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Reiki

I have just taken a Reiki I attunement and I would like to eventually help cats when I have more experience. Does anyone have any stories or experiences with their cats and Reiki healing?
Sue

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Premier Cat

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what is Reiki?

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Premier Cat

I foundthis article on Reiki. It sounds interesting.

I don't mean to cast aspersions on your religious beliefs, but what if your kitty doesn't respond to Reiki?
Here's a resource for affordable veterinary care.

You can click on the bold, blue text anywhere above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Reiki is absolutely not a religious belief. It is supposed to be a healing force that can be directed into the body of those who want its healing. It is never to be used instead of traditional medicine. Many highly respected medical groups are beggining to have Reiki programs including the Cleveland Clinic.

Sue

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

What sorts of credentialing and licensing are you required to have in order to practice Reiki on animals?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Premier Cat

I will have to read the links. Can it be used on people for things like CFS? At this point I'll be willing to be once of your practice animals.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
Banned

it certainly sounds interesting but I often wonder if these 'alternative' therapies are just licenses to print money.

Is there concrete evidence that this technique is benefical?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
I will have to read the links. Can it be used on people for things like CFS? At this point I'll be willing to be once of your practice animals.
I have a friend of a friend who used Reiki to cure her from CFS, and it worked. So that's encouraging.

I find it difficult to grasp healing techniques like this... That doesn't mean it isn't beneficial though; it's a fault on my part, I wish I could get my mind around healing methods like Reiki.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Truthfully there is a lot about Reiki that I am still looking into. As for credentails and licensing there is vertually nothing required beyond the attunements. I am very sure there are many charlatans out there in addition to those who have studied extensively. The man I took Reiki I from is affiliated with the Cleveland Clinic and has a PhD in Psychology. I recently read a book about Reiki written by a man who is selling CD's which he claims will take you all the way through to master level. I hav even seen Reiki sessions offered for sale on e-bay. So as you see the credibility is all over the board. I tend to be extremely skeptical of things like this and am moving very cautiously. That is one of the reasons I asked if anyone in this group has any Reiki stories. I am reading a book right now about Animal Reiki that makes many claims and has several anecdotes of success. The reason I decided to do it was in hopes of helping my FeLV + kitty, Buzz. I also have friends with MS who have taken Reiki treatments. I will soon be volunteering for a local Reiki clinic that is affiliated with Ursuline College to get experience. They treat people with cancer and all kinds of serious illnesses. My teacher works with this clinic and he claims that he has seen many people be helped. Again I stress, Reiki is to be done IN ADDITION TO traditional medical treatment. Anyway, I would like to know anyones experiences with Reiki and if anyone is interested I will post what I find out as I continue to learn. I am scheduled to take Reiki II in June.

Sue

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Well, it sounds like you're approaching it the right way I'd like to know more about it too, so I'd love to hear how you get on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page