What tricks does your cat do?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

What tricks does your cat do??

Well I was just thinking about how everyone boasts about the tricks their dogs can do but what about cats!?! Do any of yours cats do any special tricks? This is the place to share them!

Everynight or everytime we leave the house we tell Tyger to go to her room and she does! So that is her trick. We didn't even try to teach it to her but everytime we're putting her in her room we would tell her "Go to your room" and now she does it on command lol. It's actually funny to see her do it.

Okay it's your turn now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 01:13 PM

well i dont know if you would call it a trick but when Willie is being a pain in the butt (which is quite often) I have to throw him out of the house, well actually i put him out on the pool deck. Now when he does something that he shouldnt and he sees me coming towards him, he will throw himself out.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

lol, that's great! Apparently he would rather go out himself than feel like he's getting into trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Premier Cat

Kitties would rather do things themselves than have a big human do it for, or to, them.

Something Arianwen does is kiss me on my forehead, just at the top of my nose, then present her head so I can kiss her on the same spot.
Sometimes I hold my hand over my heart and tell her,"I love you, with all my heart". She's been softly saying,"I love you!", for a couple of months now, but she recently started putting her hands on her chest with it. By the way, when she speaks English, most of the time it's almost like a little girl whispering, with a heavy foreign accent.
She can almost say "Treats!", but she has trouble forming the sounds clearly. I can understand her, though, 'cause I'm used to her 'accent'.

My sweet Arianwen is a little feline genius. I'm going to tell about something else she did this morning in another thread.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Premier Cat

Simba will sit up like a squirrel to beg when he wants something. Not sure if that would be considered a trick since he doesn't do it on command.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, that sounds so cute, Lea-Ann! Pictures, Pictures!!

I'd like to record Arianwen when she talks, but it's hard to catch her at it. Why can't kittas do those cute/sweet things on cue, when you have your iSight out and the software ready, with your finger poised on the mouse?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

Rocket: come, sit, roll over, stand up, spin, gotoyourroom, getoffathere (ok, the last two aren't excatly tricks)

Mellie: beg, shake, kissie, gotoyourroom, getoffathere

Twinkie: his trick is making ME do whatever I'm trying to get him to do oh, and he does gotoyourroom and getoffathere
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
Simba will sit up like a squirrel to beg when he wants something. Not sure if that would be considered a trick since he doesn't do it on command.
If you use the command word when he does it and immediately follow with a treat, then he'll learn to do it on command. That's how I taught Mellie "beg"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Banned

Not really tricks, but if Baby doesn't want me to touch her she'll put her paw on my hand like she's saying don't touch me (what a smart kitty ) and if I say "Give me kitten kisses" she'll do it sometimes .
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Cool Cat

I don't think you can call Assumpta's game of "waking the humans" a trick, per se...she's been much more successful at training us than we have been training her.

She does have "the song" at the end of CSI on weeknights that tells her it's snack time. As soon as she hears those last few harmonics, she is off to the kibble cupboard at full meow (and explaining the concept of "Saturday" to her has been impossible). But again, we are better-trained than her...even if we're watching something else, we always switch to CSI a few minutes before it ends so she can hear "The Song." I'm so glad she's not spoiled or anything.

My cat has taught me many tricks. She's learned none from me. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page