Natural cat repellant. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Natural cat repellant.

Just read something in my monthly cat mag on the way to work (where was that post about me being obsessed with cats again? ...) about how a shelter fostering two lion cubs until they were ready to be released in a national park someplace has been giving the cubs poo to the local residents as a natural cat repellant.

Neighbourhood cat goes in someones garden, locates and smells said poo, thinks 'Oh my god - theres one HUGE cat living here!' and runs off.

So - for all those people with nuisance cats digging up your flower beds. Get yourself some lion crap. Works every time apparently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Premier Cat

That is an interesting idea! Did people sit around in a group to come up with that idea?

I also read yesterday that using coffee grounds in your garden will repel cats from using it as a litter box. I think the lion cub poo would make a better conversation starter, tho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Cool Cat

My neighbors use what looks like miniature 'stop sticks' or strips of spikes similar to what cops use to stop runaway cars only smaller. Looks barbaric as all get out but I guess they work.

I just wish I could find a way to keep squirrels from thrashing my flower beds and containers.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
I just wish I could find a way to keep squirrels from thrashing my flower beds and containers.
An outdoor cat works pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page