Reyna's Birthday - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Reyna's Birthday

She'll be a year old come July 25th and I've noticed some people do special things for their animals on their birthday. Drifter gets a good bath (which he thinks is deadly ), his special breakfast and supper of people food, usually BBQ meat of some sort as well as a bone or new toy. But what in the world do I do for Reyna, I can't go bathing her, feeding her steak, and buying her a bone. lol

I am really at loss at what to do for a cat's birthday. I do want it to be special as she is my first kitty and really got me into liking cats where before I wasn't very fond of them. Any ideas/suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Premier Cat

For my kitties it's a can of tuna and catnip. It helps that we celebrate the same birthday for 4 of them, so we make it a big deal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Cat Addict

I forget - is Reyna an indoor/outdoor kitty? I was going to suggest a toy and a special meal or two.

Gracie got a can of expensive food for the day (actually took two days to finish) and a toy. Plus we took the occasion to take a bunch of pictures of her in various spots around the house. A friend had given me a birthday card for her, so we used that as a prop.

Come to think of it, we might just use the same card every year for photos! It would make an amusing album someday "here's kitty on her birthday every year, with her card"!

I think we will also celebrate or acknowledge her "adoption day" in October, because it was kind of a big deal bringing a kitten into our household.

Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Well she does love her catnip toys and carries them around the house almost all day when she gets a new one. I'll have to do some window shopping at some of the pet stores for the right one.

She's indoor but does go out for a few walks when it's nice out but she's always on a leash and I'm with her when that happens Fran.

I'd get her a special can of something but she's so dang picky when it comes to wet food, she won't eat the pate style wet food at all. Won't even sniff it. I'll have to find something that is more "chunky". I wonder if I can buy/make some sort of special treat for her, like the cupcakes that some doggy bakery's make or those cakes that are made special for horses...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Premier Cat

Early Happy Birthday, Reyna!

I don't know Arianwen's exact birthday, but I'm going to celebrate her adoption day this July. She'll get toys, a catnip patch in the yard, and some chicken cooked specially for her with no nasty human seasonings on it. Maybe some tuna, also.
I want to do some really special things for her because she is such a light in my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page