New Litter Box?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

New Litter Box??

Hi everyone, I may have this posted in the wrong spot. If I do please redirect me…

I was at the store and I saw a new litter box from Tiddy Cats it’s called BREEZE. It uses pellets instead of litter and pad at the bottom to absorb the urine. Pellets last 1 month and the pads are changed weekly….I am going to go buy one of these or at least tempted to…has anyone tried this yet? The Pellets are supposed to dry the cat feces faster….and because they are pellets the urine passes down to the pad so that it does not soak up in the litter….pellets are safe and wont harm the cat but also wont leave a litter trial…. Cost of it was $35.00

If anyone has seen it or used it I like to hear from you…..Tiddy Cats has it on their website if you want to take a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

It looks interesting but after reading the reviews on Amazon.com, I don't think it's for me. The reviews were very good, but one mentioned that the boxes were small and I had to go to using storage totes because Kobi is so big.

It also looks pretty expensive for the refill supplies. If I assume 1 pad per cat per week, that's 12 pads at $1.50 each per month = $18. Then I'd need 3 boxes, so 3 bags of replacement pellets at $9 ea = $27. That's $45 vs. the $24 a month I'm spending now. Nearly double...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Oh wow yeah that would add up...for me would be the size since the box does not tell me much and its bad enough that litter boxes that are avail now are small....Grissom is a big cat. Thanks...I hope more reply....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
Premier Cat

If you are looking for a larger box I use plastic totes that are made for storage. I have several different sizes, including the large under the bed totes.

I like them much better than regular litter boxes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

well not really looking for a larger box but that is a good idea...its that the litter box seems like a great help.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Premier Cat

When you guys use those storage totes, do you also use a liner? I'm wondering what it would be like without a liner, because the things never fit the box and you end up with big plastic bubbles getting in the way.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Senior Cat

I use the under the bed storage totes, and we just found some with no 'bubbles' or grooves.

Kelly

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

hmmm i will have to consider that a lot sounds perfect too me but going to look into the breeze as well...keep you posted.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Premier Cat

The Breeze thing sounds like an elaborate scheme to separate cat owners from their money. At least in my humble opinion.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 03:16 AM

Re:New Litter box??

Cats are unique in that they do not form cataracts when affected with diabetes mellitus. However, they may have an abnormal posture where they are standing on their hocks instead of their toes (known as a plantigrade stance) or they may have chronic vomiting and diarrhea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page