A couple of prayers needed... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

A couple of prayers needed...

for a young feral cat that I have been trying to tame and take care of. A couple of months ago, he started acting like he was partially paralyzed on his left side, and then his abdoman started swelling. I have seen this a couple of times before in the 20 years that my wife and I have been rescuing cats, and both times it was FIP. Only in the last 3 or 4 days have I been able to pet him. I talked to my vet this morning, and he also thinks FIP, both wet and dry. I am going to try and get the little boy into a pet taxi Monday, and take him to my vet. They will sedate him and draw fluid from his abdoman, if it is FIP, he will be put to sleep before he regains consciousness. It's so sad and ironic, that finally in his young life he gets love and affection, finally trusts someone, only to lose his life. Hopeful thoughts and prayers for him would be appreciated. Thank you all, Milton.

Tux,Tippi, Tessa, Mouli, Mia, Daughter, Nubie, Blondie, Spotty, Skeeter, Cookie, Duncan (Donut), Benny James, Marlene Dietreich, Max, Pippin (Pipierous ArPharazon), Arwen (Undomiel), oh yes, and Lilly Bell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Cool Cat

You are both in my thoughts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Premier Cat

Re: A couple of prayers needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton
It's so sad and ironic, that finally in his young life he gets love and affection, finally trusts someone, only to lose his life.
I'll be thinking of you both.
I've had a kitty like you describe: alone, abandoned and struggling with a debilitating problem finally comes close enough for love and help and the only help I can give is to ease their passage to The Bridge. Sometimes, even that is a wonderful gift we can give to these kitties.

Rusty came to me severely emaciated. After 6wks of great food, vet care and him learning about the joys of being a housecat (food, water, nice place to sleep, petting and attention from me and the other house-kitties) he showed no improvement, even lost more weight...and he was skin/bones when he collapsed on my patio 6wks earlier. I had to ease him on his way, BUT, he did not die alone, unloved or starving.

Even though it is sometimes an end, it is also a beginning of the poor wee thing NOT suffering any longer and being released from a failing body.
I wish I knew what to say to give you comfort.
Heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Premier Cat

Prayers for the little kitty. He will know love for at least a little while in his short life, there is nothing better that you can do for him.

((HUGS)) to you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Premier Cat

I really hope for the best with this kitty. I've been in the same situation too, although not with a cat I had known for a long time, and I'm convinced you're doing the right thing. You should feel proud that you're stepping up to help this kitty, even if it's ultimately putting him to sleep.

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Premier Cat

Prayers for both the this kitty and for you, Milton. I know it must hurt, but you are a hero.
At least this poor little one will know love in his brief life.
May the kitty guardian angels look after both of you.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 08:54 PM

So very sorry. How I wish things were different. Sometimes nothing makes sense. I'm praying for you guys.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm so sorry, Milton. My prayers are with you and this special little cat.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Jr. Cat

So sorry about this little kitty. My prayers are with you and the little one.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you all so much for your kind and comforting words. Throughout the years that we have been involved in cat rescue, we have had to have a few put to rest, and it has never been easy, but it seems like it gets harder as we get older, especially in this case. Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers, bless you. Milton.

Tux,Tippi, Tessa, Mouli, Mia, Daughter, Nubie, Blondie, Spotty, Skeeter, Cookie, Duncan (Donut), Benny James, Marlene Dietreich, Max, Pippin (Pipierous ArPharazon), Arwen (Undomiel), oh yes, and Lilly Bell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page