a sad day - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
a sad day

Mom was cleaning and came out with Addison's paw print. Took me a while to get where she was going. It was dated June 8th. Its been a year since I lost my sweet kitty and it still brought me to tears.

I miss him so much

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned

[[[[hugs]]]]
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Of course you miss him. He was your little friend. God bless.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Premier Cat

He's an angel now, Jessie, looking after you
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Premier Cat

The sorrow of loss is but the measure of how great the love.

You had a great love for him, that is why you are still experiencing sorrow at his passing. I don't think of it as a bad thing, I think of it as an honorable tribute to our fur-friends who are waiting for us at the bridge.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Premier Cat

I'm sorry, I know it hurts.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hard to believe it's been a year already. I vaguely remember Skylar breaking the paw print on accident? I could be mistaken though. (it happens easily!)

Hang in there Jessie, June 8th will probably be a tough day for you for years to come.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Jr. Cat

After my pets pass away I am not comfortable seeing their pictures or rememberances for a while but eventually I make a place on a table in my living room with their box of ashes, pictures, little favorite toys, collars, treat bag, etc. It makes me feel good, giving me the sense that they are still around.
If you feel comfortable enough to leave Addison's paw print out with a little picture, do it. It is a great way to honor your little angel and to remember the love he gave you.

June 8th is a significant day for me too. I feel your sadness. My little dog Toby (boston terrier) was born June 8, 1990. He went to heaven at the age of 16.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 02:51 PM

I''m like Macky. It's still hard for me. (August 16, 2006) I've only in the last few months been able to look at Madison's photos.

We hurt along with you. Take comfort in knowing you're not alone, and that Addison was so loved.

((hug))
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I actually made 4 prints (because I knew I'd end up hating if I only made one and for some reason something happened to it). My mom has one on her dresser, there's one on the fireplace next to our dog's print and I have one in a shadow box with his collar and picture on a bookcase in my room. I look at him most nights before I go to bed.

And Skylar knocked over my favorite print... then Brody ate it. Oh you have no idea how hard I cried out of both sadness and frustration. I know they didn't mean it but it was hard to look at the two of them that day.

Skylar isn't normally a biscuit making kitty but this morning she woke me up by laying on my chest and kneading for a little while. Without putting too much thought behind it, I'll let myself think part of it was Addison.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page