A HUGE Thank you! Final UPDATE On Patio Cat! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

A HUGE Thank you! Final UPDATE On Patio Cat!

I wanted to take a moment to update you all on the stray kitty. His bloodwork for the FIV/Felv test came back negative, though they did find fleas on him, so along with the test, I had him treated with a dose of Revolution for the fleas.

Yesterday, I was so torn about what was best to do for this little guy, and wanting to make sure I did the right thing, that I just didn't know what to do. I knew exactly how Dave felt about it though! My vet said he highly recommended I not bring him into my home because of the URI, but yet, I was fortunate enough to have a woman from a Pure Breed Cat Rescue return my phone call. She offered her suggestions as well. One contradicted the other, which was even more confusing. She did agree with the vet that this breed of cat will require much more upkeep than other cats, including, and not limited to, his teeth which are already bad. I have room in my home and heart for another kitty, so I was really trying to find a way to make it work, and Dave would have let me if circumstances were different. With a little more discussion, and knowing I had to make a decision, we both agreed that we didn't want to risk bringing a sick kitty into our home, and at this point, Dave just didn't want to take on anymore of his vet bills, other than what we already paid for today.

At that point I needed to decide where to go from there. Euthanization was a very last resort, as was the shelter where Zoey came from. Our counties shelter is horrible, so that was completely out of the question! I called a couple private cat rescues, but they wouldn't take him in. I was hoping to get him in to a local no-kill shelter, but they weren't open yesterday to call. So I called to ask my vet clinic if it would be ok to leave him there one more night just so that I would have the option of calling the shelter this morning. When I called, they were not able to take him in.

Yesterday, I received a p.m. from My3babies (Katie) and Kitty's Mom (Katie's sister JoAnne), and they offered to help me in any way they could. They made the VERY generous offer of calling the no-kill shelters in their area to see if they would be able to take him, and then went one large step further, offering to meet me somewhere to pick him up and take him in for me!!! I'm simply blown away by their generosity, and would like to say THANK YOU to both of them! They are such nice people to meet, and dang it, I wish you hadn't moved to MN Katie!

So kitty is currently in MN with My3babies and Kitty's Mom, and will be entering a no-kill shelter where he will get the care he needs. I am sure he will find a home soon! He's a good kitty, and it was so cute, as soon as they put him in their larger kitty carrier, he sat up, twitching his tail, with a look on his face as if to say "I am royalty!"

So thank you again to everyone for offering their support and help! It was much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

We have some very decent, nice, generous members here who are devoted to helping cats and cat owners, and I also want to say thank you to them as well.

Nice going, ladies!!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Cool Cat

Yea! I love good endings! Congrats to everyone!

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2008, 11:58 PM

Aww, I'm so glad this is heading towards a happy ending!! All three of you are such great people!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

We love happy endings here, too!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 12:51 AM
Premier Cat

Yay! What wonderful news for the Patio Kitty. Such great people here at CF.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Tom Cat

Re: A HUGE Thank you! Final UPDATE On Patio Cat!

I thought I was writting a private message...oops.

Well, I was going to post an update on this thread anyway.

Kitty's Mom and I drove a lot today (180 miles!), but it was definitely worth it. We were able to get the kitty into a great no-kill shelter. He will be in quarentine until he recovers from the URI and gets all the medical attention he needs, but then he will go up for adoption. He is a beautiful kitty and he is lucky to have wandered onto the right porch. Kitty's mom and I are both glad that we were able to help.

Katie

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Banned

Thats fantastic!!! Hurrah for people at Cat Forum!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 05:28 AM
Tom Cat

Wow, it's great to know that there are people out there with big hearts like you guys. That's just such an awesome story

Robin and...
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 05:53 AM
Tom Cat

ooops double post sorry!

Robin and...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page