Kitty fixer - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Kitty fixer

I was supposed to have posted this ages ago .. but life got in the way .

This is what I do with these "strays" and sick kitties.

My theory is that a sick stray kitten has come from a mommy cat in the same boat ... or a similar boat no " good bacteria " to pass on to her kittens .. never been innoculated etc ....

So taking a sick kitten to a vet isnt always a good idea ... BTW im talking about snuffles and runny tummy problems here also coccidea.... not major problems.

Most vets pump as many antibitics as they can into these little orphans and charge you a fortune ... thats the way it is here anyhow.

http://www.moducare.com/

We have a product here called moducare .. see link .... A friend of mine who deals with ferals .. and is feeding several colonies uses this .. and I decided to try it some time back when my whole crew got snuffles.

1 capsule every 3 days .. stopped it in its tracks in 10 days .... end of snuffles.

I had lost a kitten to coccidea and not long after this two more kittens developed the same problem ... once again 1 capsule every 2 days sorted it out.

I think that giving antibiotics in some cases destroys whatever immune system these kittens have .

I have now even used it with a UTI .....

My vet thinks im nuts which is fairly typical I think .... and he questions how it can possibly work .... but then again mainstream vets and doctors always have a gripe about homeopathic remedies .. and this is similar .

I must stress tho .. that this is for virus / mild bacteria related issues only ..... now im wondering these kitties with FIV .... ???? wont it help them ????

this works well with the sickly rescue babies .. accompanied by hills AD ... or similar ..

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Cat Addict

What is it? Whats in it? Is it probiotics?

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

"Quote......
Moducare® is a daily immune supplement that restores, strengthens and balances the immune system.

Moducare® is a patented blend of plant sterols and sterolins in a clinically proven ratio of 100:1. These nutrients are derived from a natural pine source and come in a vegetarian capsule and chewable tablet.

Suggested Use:
As a food supplement, take one capsule/tablet three times daily or two upon rising and one before bed. For best results, take with water or juice between meals. "

In South Africa its is commonly used for people with aids ....

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Cool Cat

Does it list the ingredients?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Thats why I put a link there

There is quite a bit of info.

2 boxers Miki & Monty
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Just want to bump this .. when I had the problem with the very ill kitten ( that later had to be PTS with rabies) some one wanted to know how I "fixed " sick babies.

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page