Can Male cats sence pregnacy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

Can Male cats sence pregnacy

Hi all alot of you will not know me some of you will though i used to post on here quite a lot a couple years back,

Anyway i am nearly 30 weeks pregnant, and for the last couple of weeks i have noticed all 3 of my ginger males are around me almost constantly, even the alpha who tends to be unsociable will jump on my lap. when i am on pc they often lay on the floor beside me, just wondering what is going on can they sence that i am pregnant?
anyway hope you are all well will try and post more often now that i am no longer working thanks in advance for any replies
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Cool Cat

Hi Princess its great to hear from you after all this time, and with such good news too!!
I too have recently returned to Catforum after a bit of an absence.

But back to the point of your thread - really wouldn't know whether they can sence pregnancy. But perhaps they sense a change in your behaviour - are you prehaps calmer than before?

seashell
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

I'm sure they can sense a change. I'm not sure what that might be but cats are very sensitive to things we can't begin to sense. It may even be that the changes in your hormones in your system causes you to smell different to them. Interesting subject.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think your cats are as happy for you as I am, Claire! Perhaps they sense your joy. I am so happy to see your post!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

hey all thanks for the replies, seashell i am alot more calmer as i am have spent most of this pregnancy at home so i don't have the stress of work, i'm doing everything i stay that way as well i want this baby to have a safe arrival into the world, i didn't realise that the cats could pick up on that
xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page