please.need.urgent.help - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

please.need.urgent.help

my young cats had 4 kittens i dont know anything about cats this is a stray 3 have died and im not sure why the last kitten is sucking mothers teats but the teats dont look big to me is it posible the mother has no milk im worried i dont want kiten to die please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

this is seriouse please people are looking at post but no ansewrs
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Premier Cat

You need to go to petsmart immediately and get KMR. They have liquid or powder stage 1.

I find it easier to syringe feed it to kittens but they do have bottles. If you try to get it to take a bottle make sure the nipple isnt hard but a soft one. You might have to make the hole a bit bigger to let the KMR thru. Some times the hole is too small.

Syringe feeding for me makes sure it is getting it. Hold the kitten level not upright. Inject it into the mouth and give it small shots. You can also give it water in between feedings. They will need to be fed every 2-3 hours for the first couple weeks.

Call a rescue in your area. They can coach you or have some one who does new borns. This might be the stray cat's first litter and some time if she is malnurished she wont get alot of milk. Feel the mothers teets. If they feel wet the baby is getting something. You want it to get the colostrum.

You should buy some benebac while your at the store too. Give that to the kitten. It help the kitten digest the milk. Keep us posted

PS you can free syringes at the drug store pharmacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

ive masaged the teats and there dry everything is shut im in spain can i use ordinary milk im really worried now the cat isnt undernurished i fed her well i adopted her but the teats seam small to me
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Premier Cat

No cows milk isnt good for kittens. Goats milk is better.

Does anyone on the forum have the recipe using condensed milk? I dont have it but others have used it with sucess. But I dont know what you add to it or how much you dilute it.. Anyone out there knows this??????
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

look like i sauid im in spain and sunday im limited will cows milk be ok for now i think this isw seriouse i need 2 do something
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Premier Cat

I would give it some shot of water with corn syrup.. a dextros water till I go find out about cows milk if that would hurt it. some things will give kittens diareaha and that can kill a new born. Im calling around to find out
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

ok thanks shes 4 days old il do that now and keep looking 4 ur reply its apreciated im desparate please find out quickly please thanks shane
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Senior Cat

Have you a vet you can phone ?, a rescue agency ?

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Mother cat might not have enough milk, or the kittens might have died because of an illness, prematurity, or a genetic problem. The important thing now is to try to save the other kitten.

If there is a pet shop nearby, get a bottle and kitten formula right away. Hold the kitten upright, and if it has problems nursing, squeeze the bottle very gently. Also check to see if any milk is coming out or the bottle. Don't make the hole in the nipple too big, or you could choke the kitten.

If the pet shop is a distance away, get someone there asap, and give the kitten a bit of homemade formula with a dropper. Make sure the dropper is clean. Even a clean fingertip will do in an emergency. Be careful not to choke the kitten by feeding too fast. The milk could get in its lungs.

Make some emergency formula (enough to feed the kitten until you get the kitten formula) with half canned milk, half water, and a bit of white Karo. and a bit of raw egg yolk. (1 can milk, 1 can water, 1 tablespoon Karo, 1 beaten egg yolk) If someone is bringing kitten milk, just make a small amount. The kitten formula is better.

Let mother cat wash the baby or gently massage its tummy and bottom with warm water to encourage digestion.

I hope the kitten makes it

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page