Siamese kittens and mom ~ fosters ~ Update - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Siamese kittens and mom ~ fosters ~ Update

Here are a few bad shots of my newest foster kittens. A dumped siamese mom and her three kittens. They are just recovering from UR. I woke them up to take pictures in the kennel. (it is 108 degrees out in AZ and Im doing stuff to occupy my time!) They are in my air conditioned garage! Not to worry!

sorry this is so blurry. I couldnt get my camera to take it clear- weeded thru about 20 attempts. Oh yes, the black kitten is the one that was at deaths door a couple weeks ago and is doing fantastic! thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

this is their mom. She is slooooowly warming up to me. I havent petted her yet but she has quit hissing at me and will come up to the door for food and let me sit there while they all eat. I think she is a pure bred. Any siamese peoples opinions out there?

I want her to come around for me so we dont have to spay her & clip her ear and send her back out. She is very skiddish & was someone cat at one time.There is nothing feral about her.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Premier Cat

The kittens are to die for cute, and Mom is beautiful. Do you think she will warm up to you after she is no longer protecting the babies?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

She lets me handle the babies. Ive reached right up to her and pulled them away so I could medicate them. She hissed but that was about it. When i did that though I was wondering if shed go after me!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Update~ Two Siamese kittens were adopted this morning to a retired couple who have had Siamese cats their whole marriage. They understand the siamese temperment and sound like they will be a fabulous home for them.

Sad news is i couldnt find anyone who be willing to work with the mom. I emailed in 4 states and everyone is full up. I offered to have her fully vetted and healthy and will drive her anywhere. No takers.

She will be Spayed and sent back out in about a week and half. It is so **** hot here. 114 degrees yesterday. Im sick of heart about this. But she will have someone who feeds her and she is going back to where I trapped her. I think she has limited vision. Looks like shes had UR and it affected her eyes.

Her black kitten didnt go today. She is not warming up to me as fast as the siamese brother and sister did. She stays close to her mom most of the time and doesnt like to be held Even though I spend about an hour in the morning and hour in the evening working with her. So we need to separate her from the mom so there is a chance in getting her comfortable to be adopted. Alas people arent as taken with black kittens as others. I pray she finds a forever home right away.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Cool Cat

Is there no other option at this point? The extreme heat you all have would seem like a death sentence.

Mom of
Skin kids - Jason, Kevin, Allison
Canine kids - Bennett & Bailey (always in our hearts), Riley, Banker, Rogue and Boz
Feline kids - Zoey, Talley and Abra
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

We have kittens and moms waiting to come in to take the kennel. Theyre out in this weather right now. Im damned if I do and damned if I dont.

We lost 7 litters this year cuz there was no room & money for them to be brought in. I feel trapped. She atleast has a caretaker who will feed and water her. But Im extremely worried and sad that I couldnt find someone to take her on. But that is part of the hard cold facts of what were dealing with down here. Atleast she wont have to have anymore litters with dying kittens. we have 51 cats in foster care at this moment! Were just a little rescue /TNR group down here. No one else TNRs in our area.

We have a no kill shelter here also but they are there to take dogs and cats of retired people who have to go into nursing homes or die. They are full also. This is the slow season.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
Oh gosh If were closer I would foster her till the perfect home came along. I would have loved to work with her. I'm gonna be sick about this all day.

I know what you mean about black kittens, that's why we're keeping little Marvin.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I like the name little Marvin! How cute! People dont realize how clever, intellegent & little lovers black cats are!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 11:46 PM

I just don't get it. I mean, I know the superstition and all. But they're CATS just like eery other cat. I love them. All colors.

Good luck with things. I'm far away from you guys most likely - but will continue praying.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess
People dont realize how clever, intellegent & little lovers black cats are!
I certainly agree with that. My Midnight still loves to cuddle with me even though I no longer live with her. As soon as I walk in the door to visit the kids, she runs up to me and let's me know that she's happy to see me...then demands that I pick her up NOW and when I do, she sucks on my shirt.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page