TORTURE! JUST PURE TORTURE! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

TORTURE! JUST PURE TORTURE!

I decided that today I was going to the pet store to get Mango some canned food and to buy a Furminator. Out of all the pet stores, I just HAD to pick the one out with kittens! I stood there for 2 hours holding one little cuttie, a grey tabby with a cute black nose. She was so cute! I was kissing her, walking around the store with her, scratching her as she slept in my arms. When I first got there, they are all in a cat condo, she was in a hammock playing and wrestling with another kitten. She was Queen of the hammock. I layed my purse down beside the cage and her and her friend decided to play with it. I asked to get her out and they let me. Well, the more I took in the situation and talked to employees the more concerned I got. There were 7 kittens in the condo, two were about 5 weeks, really little, a few looked to be a few weeks older and then one looked to be about 3 months old. Some of them were hissing and fighting with each other. I learned they get them from people off the street who dont want them. They have no shots, no tests done for feline diseases and are not spayed or neutered. They only make sure there are not fleas on them. They all looked in good health, but what if one has fiv or fip? What if I would of taken the kitten and exposed it to Mango?( I know better of course) The only adoption stipulation they have is that you have to buy $30 dollars of kitten stuff from their store. Oh, and they get 20% off on their vet visit as long as it is the vet that works with the store. They used to just give them away until some man came in and was taking 4 kittens one day and when asked why so many he said he has snakes at home. They took the kittens back and now have the $30 stipulation. Does this sound disturbing to anyone but me? I want that little kitten, but my hubby would kill me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Premier Cat

You should go talk to the manager of the store and express your concerns. The kitten wasnt $30 it would be $130 or more before a responsilbe cat owner got done vetting it. In this day and age there is no excuse if you own a pet business to not act responsiblely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page