Lap cats,couch cats, bed cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Lap cats,couch cats, bed cats

Having 12 cats its interesting to see how they have worked out who sleeps where ....

Garfield, Ugly and Spike all try and get on my lap on the couch .... Ginger Max , Buggie, and Blue all vie for a sleeping spot on the bed ....

Freeway, Tucker and Magic sleep in the kitchen .. Freeway is still scared of the dogs .. so once his fear has gone he will probably velcro himself to me like he does in the kitchen.

Spookie hangs around where ever Blue is ...

Lexie is a funny little thing that keeps to herself...

The lap cats are ... Garfield, Blue, Spike, Buggie and Ugs .. Ginger will sleep next to me as will Max ...

Now im confused ....

2 boxers Miki & Monty
Boy Cats: Tucker,Freeway,Tyson,Copicat,Mike
Girl Cats : Magic, Garfield, Buggie,Lexie,Spike,Ginger,Blue,Spooky,Rotten, Trouble
Strays: Charlie
2 Conures,2 African Greys,1 Black winged Jardine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 04:09 AM

my cats have a sistem also - My male cat usualy sleeps in bed on in a box.
My Blue likes to sleep next to my boyfriend, or on the bed, but i find her sleeping in the kitchen alot too.
My little Fluffy baby likes to sleep in bed and on the floor alot, but now that she has babies, she sleeps in the closet or next to it
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Cat

With my 3, where they sleep depends on the time of year.

Summer mode

Wilson is on the stoop in a chair or on living room windowsill.

Alvin sprawles full length on the sofa so nobody else can fit on or sleeps under the bed if it's really hot.

Tommy lays on our bed or under the coffee table (he can see outside through screen door from there).

Winter mode

Wilson sleeps with anybdy who will allow him to snuggle up for warmth or sleeps IN the spare bed under the eiderdown if it's really cold.

Alvin and Tommy sleep in my wifes and my office chairs so we have to sit on hard wooden chairs dragged from the dining room so we can do some work or they get in the box closet in my office.

Mick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Premier Cat

During the day it's generally Bob, Simba, Miss Baby and Taz in various spots in our bedroom. Gracie and Molly Brown hang out in the basement. Missy wanders from bedroom to living room.

At night time you can generally find them all in various spots in the living room. It's funny to turn on the light during the night and have 7 sleepy faces looking up to see what is going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Cool Cat

Billie Tiddler always sleeps in a box on top of the wardrobe which she has discovered and claimed as her own! Its where Partner keeps his warm winter shirts, so she has made a lovely bed out of them. She will stay in that box for hours.
Margaret Tiddler prefers the couch in the living room.

From time to time one or other of them may decide to join us on the bed for a snuggle, but usually they stick to their own box or couch arrangements.

Of course, they are not our cats so shouldn't be sleeping with us anyway. But they seem to be turning up at ours more and more frequently so we usually have one or other of them in overnight. (Our neighbour, their bad cat mommy, does not usually call them in at night)

seashell
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Cat Addict

Sully and Thurston are lap cats and all three are bed cats. Plus one bed dog.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Tank sleeps on top of the fridge during the day, or on "his" counter top (we have a goofy bit of counter top that's only a foot and a half wide, so his food is up here where Bear--the dog-- can't reach it).

At night, he sleeps sprawled across me and my side of the bed, or underneath the headboard. It's one of those huge, 80's monstrosities that's three sided and empty under bed level.

Nora, since she lives in my big walk-in, sleeps in a nest she made out of my giant comforter. When she does come out, she prefers the spot under the end tables that Tank and Bear can't squeeze under.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Cool Cat

Well here, Chloe can usually be found under the bed, dresser, or in the bay window. Buttercup is usually in the dog bed or bay window. Macy is usually on the bed using my pillow or in the bay window. And Panther the first thing I do is feel my blanket. Usually will find a big lump under it. I can no longer plop down on my bed. Did that once....I got hissed and growled at. I thought I hurt her but she was fine...mad...but fine.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 11:27 PM

I have 2 table thingies in front of our big kitchen windows, so that's where they all are most of the day.

At night, Talullah sleeps on MY SIDE and Fin sleeps behind me.

Remo sleeps at the foot of our bed.

Shula sleeps on the couch.

We have to sleep at a hotel.........
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Cool Cat

At night they sleep in bed with us, it's cute as they take turns being the kitteh up near our head.

During the day they both will nap on the couch or on the window ledges if there is someone in the living room. If there is someone in the office, they'll nap on the filing cabinet or desk. They also both really like napping in a small box turned over on its side. Tom will sometimes nap on the bed during the day as well, but Randy is really only on the bed if one of us is in there.

Randy is a lap kitteh, and will sleep in your lap until your legs fall asleep. Major Tom prefers to nap next to someone, but not actually on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page