How long can I keep doing this? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

How long can I keep doing this?

Okay, the twins turned 1 year old on Sunday. I still put them to bed at night in their room. I've tried to let them stay up to see what happens, but it seems to confuse them. They like their routine. Between 9:30-10:00 p.m. is their playtime, then they get a late-night meal in their bedroom when I put them in there. Sometimes as early as 9:00 p.m. they want their playtime. They come into the bedroom where I'm usually watching t.v., and if I get up for any reason, they run into the livingroom and pick their spots for the laser game. They crouch down and their little butts start twitching. (It's so cute!) They do run when it's time to put them in their room, but that's a game for them, too. Once they're in there, they're fine. Only twice since I've had them have they wanted back out.

To be honest, I breathe a sigh of relief when they're in bed. Is that awful? I can do anything and they're not underfoot or on the counter or running through the house and I can just relax.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
But you wouldn't give them up for anything, would you?

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Not for anything!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Cat Addict

my crew would never tolerate such structure.

-steve

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Premier Cat

As long as they are happy with the routine I would keep it. I"m sure the older girls like the fact that they get a break.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

They sure do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
my crew would never tolerate such structure.
It's all the twins have ever known.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
Of course it's not awful Imagine having like 16 of them! Sometimes I barricade myself in my office just to get a moment of peace. Though the cats usually sit outside of the room screaming because they know I'm in here.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Since I'm not working, I tried going back to bed after they got up, but Charlee's trilling and crying and the two sets of feet under the door were too much for me, so I sometimes stay in bed now, but both doors are open. They mostly leave me alone - all toys have been removed from the bedroom, so it's not so fun anyway.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Cool Cat

we kept simba confined when he was a kitten, because we have a 90 pound dog, and we werent awake to supervise at night.

but they wander the house as they please now. no problems!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Cat

My cats have a routine. It changes from season to season though.

At the moment I always find Wilson sitting on top of the toilet waiting for me when I get out of the shower. When I let Alvin and Tommy in he goes out, eats a bit of grass then comes back in for breakfast. He always "scratches" up the door mat even though he's been declawed at the front. (not by me I hasten to add).

Alvin comes in from a nights hunting, shovels a bit of kibble down then goes back out till around 7-00am when he goes and wakes my wife up by wailing out side the bedroom window.

Tommy comes in with Alvin, eats a bit of kibble then crashes on the spare be until my wife gets up.

I think cat like a routine as long as it's THEIR routine.

Mick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page