So sad...but I should be happy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

So sad...but I should be happy

We went to Petco today to put our 5 kittens up for adoption. 3 of the 5 were adopted today. I REALLY hope they are good matches.

Bo was adopted by a young couple with no kids but a 6 year old cat. Bo's kind of a biter and a little disconnected with people...I REALLY hope that they keep him. They had adopted a cat from this shelter before, but the cat started spraying and they couldn't get him to stop, so they brought him back to the shelter. They didn't seem SUPER attached to Bo...so I hope they quickly learn to love him and I hope he gets along okay with their other cat!

Misty was adopted by a woman who said that she had 3 kids. I feel best about this adoption. Misty is GREAT for kids. They lady also had other cats and felt that Misty would be a good addition. I think she is right. Misty gets along great with others.

Allie was adopted by a woman with 1 child (an infant). I REALLY hope that one works out as well. She was thinking about adopting Gracie but given Grace's digestive issues (she gets loose stools really easily) and the fact that she has an infant...I'm glad she changed her mind and went with Allie. She was a little worried about not declawing (the shelter has them sign something that says they won't declaw). I hope it doesn't turn out to be an issue.

So...we're left with Ollie and Gracie. Ollie who is my personal favorite out of the whole bunch and poor ungainly looking Gracie. I really want them to be adopted together. Gracie needs a buddy. She gets so lost without one. Right now they are cuddled up together on the pillows in my hotel room (the shelter Petco is out of town). We go back to Petco tomorrow to see if they can get adopted. I'm afraid for Gracie. She needs a special home. Someone willing to deal with the need for 'stool' monitering. I don't want her to be alone either.

I just keep crying about it and about my fears for the ones who were adopted out (will they be good matches? Will they be treated well?) Now I have to laugh because the kittens have woken up and are staring at me because I'm crying. Oh well...I'm sure it will all work out okay in the end but...we'll see I guess. Anyway, just needed to share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Premier Cat

You are such a special person to foster. ((HUGS)) to you for going through all of this to ensure that the babies have good lives.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Premier Cat

I have fostered for PetsMart, but I never attended any adoption days. I don't know who adopted 'my' kitties, but I am certain the PetsMart adoption associates found them good homes. I prefer to not know about them, this way I can imagine them always happy and loved.

I also would bring a sheet of paper for each kitten, like a flier, with their name, a picture of them in the corner and describe how they liked to play, with what toys and list their litterbox and scratchpost habits and food preferences. I also would have baby-photos printed up and in an envelope stapled to each kitten's flier, so their new owners could have some of their baby pictures.

You are doing, and have done, a wonderful thing for these babies by fostering them. You have given them the best possible start in life and a chance at happiness because of the PetCo adoption process and policies. It is hard to let them go, I know I have trouble, but I figure I get them when they are cutest. ...and fostering satisfies my kitten-lust without angering my resident housecats with more permanant additions.

You've done good!
Heidi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Cat

I'm really thankful that there are people out there like yourself who care.
It gives me hope for humanity.

Mick.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Senior Cat

I agree. Thank you for what you do. Not many people understand why it's so hard. But people like you get attached because you have a big heart. I'm sure they will have a good home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page