Why dogs are still not better than cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Why dogs are still not better than cats

How many times have you heard that stupid argument against cats, that a dog is a loyal, loving companion who would starve rather than leave your poor body once you're gone from the world, but a cat will eat you before you're even cold? Well, here's that lie shattered. At least a cat would wait til you're gone This is something out of a horror flick!

Quote:
TON, Ill. - An Illinois woman says her beloved miniature dachshund gnawed off her right big toe while she was asleep. Linda Floyd told the Alton Telegraph for a story Wednesday that her beloved Roscoe was euthanized because of safety concerns.

The 56-year-old says she has no feeling in her toes because of nerve damage from diabetes. She discovered the toe missing after waking from a nap Monday. She called her daughter, who phoned 911.

A veterinarian says the toe had been bandaged because of a healing hangnail. That might have somehow attracted the dog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Cool Cat

How do you not wake up when your toe is being gnawed off I still love dogs, I've never been hurt by one, have had many scratches from cats though, the only difference is when a dog does something to you they do more damage.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Banned

Shudder. Its a good job Benji doesnt have any teeth anymore

I still think dogs are the best animals in the world. But cats are wonderful too
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Cool Cat

I think if a miniature dachshund chewed off my toe without my knowledge, I probably would not tell anyone.

Seriously, did they pump Roscoe's stomach looking for the toe?
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Premier Cat

If she has nerve damage from the diabetes she may not have any feeling in the feet. Her biggest problem right now will be healing without losing more of her foot.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Senior Cat

Argh well at least it isn't another APBT story, I'm getting real sick of those. There was something like that happened a year ago(?) or so an puppy chewed off several toes on a toddler. Never heard much else about it other then the little girl was fine and the puppy was as well.

I think either this dog had some major issues in his head or was a puppy and was teething and chewing on the best thing available. Either way poor guy, it's never nice to hear an animal has died. Hopefully it wasn't a rash choice but looked into before it was done.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Banned

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious!
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Premier Cat

I really don't think a cat would prey on his or her owner like that. Arianwen sometimes pretends she's going to eat my hand, but it's all in good fun. I tell her, "Help, help, a tiger is eating me!", and she starts purring. She is very gentle, and doesn't break my skin at all. She could inflict serious damage if she wanted to, as she is quite strong, and her claws and teeth are very sharp.

But she is my sweet, trusted friend who wouldn't hurt me.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Cool Cat

thats just odd!!!

ive been bitten by a dog before and i still love them (but not that one lol).

I know someone who a dog saved her life (she fell into ice, and the dog got her out somehow) and she hates dogs... i dont get that.... i would be forever thankful and overly attached
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page