Siamese, personality? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Siamese, personality?

I saw a siamese kitty at a local shelter. He seemed friendly and noisy.

I have heard that siamese are aloof, is this true?

I'm looking for a very people friendly cat, must like petting, sleeping under the covers, and maybe some lap time.

Must get along or ignore my female cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Premier Cat

I've read on the forums about Meezers being very affectionate, one-person cats. I don't know how true this is, as I've only met a couple, and they were very friendly.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Premier Cat

Siamese bond with their people. Very dog like. They are talkers and climbers. Love high places. Very intellegent. Whether a cat will be a lap cat or not is a crap shoot. If you introduce it correctly to your existing cat you will have a better chance of sucess. Kittens are more adaptable. Just be sure you are prepared for kitten craziness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Cat Addict

My Siamese is very affectionate and fun. He loves to cuddle and play. He gets along great with my other cats too. He is a very one person cat though, he likes the other people in my home, but is decidedly MY cat at the end of the day. He also loves to eat, but I don't know if thats a siamese trait or not

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Cool Cat

Aloof?! Ha! They're the blue jays and arabians of the cat world...demanding, troublemakers, kings of everything they touch, and you personally were selected to be center of their universe--aka their servant. They're the epitome of everything we like about cats Mine absolutely refused to walk anywhere...oh, how pitifully he'd cry and whimper until I let him climb up on my shoulder, then bent over and let him lie down on my back while I walked around the house. Spoiled brats.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Cat Addict

I adopted my 10 year old siamese, Orlando, exactly two weeks ago. He already gets along with my other five cats as if he has always been here. He is very friendly and always wants to be in the same room with people. He likes to choose when he will be picked up, but when he does he wants to be hugged. He purrs every time you touch him. The rescue group he came from called him "part" flame point siamese, but I have since been to flame point siamese web sites and I would have a hard time telling what part of him is not flame point siamese. This is the first time I have ever had a siamese, but if they are anything like this I would take another one any time. He is a gem!

Sue

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Cool Cat

Siamese are NOT aloof lol, my cats are always in the same room as me, you know I'm about to enter a room because my entourage enters right ahead and they leave with me. They do seem to be a one person cat (especially Neko) but will still enjoy others, just may not bond strongly with others, but it could depend on how the chores (feeding, playing) are split. They are very talkative and playful, I have to go to bed now but I'll type more in the morning about my two so you get and idea.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 01:58 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, no siamese experience here, but you can never depend on the breed description. Cinderella is nothing like the description of a typical Birman, but that's because of her life before we found each other. You can't even depend on a cat's behavior in a shelter to be the same once you get them home.

I'm just saying be prepared for anything.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Siamese, personality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfunyun
I'm looking for a very people friendly cat, must like petting, sleeping under the covers, and maybe some lap time.
That describes Siamese cats a lot... You should also know that once to get a Siamese cat you'll be hooked for life... they are like peanuts... one is never enough...

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I have loved all of my cats, but I believe my Siamese are the most loving and intelligent cats I've ever had! One of them taught me to play "fetch."

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page